+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken Relationship

Broken Relationship

Just the other day everything was good. we had minor fights but noting too seriuos. saturday came along and it was my bros bday.. we went out to drink and we drank too much after that we went clubbin and continue to drink. came back home and my gf was mad cause she had to much to drink.. she started causing a disturbance. i remember walking out the house and goin for a smoke. came back home and police where there to arrest me. i spent 2 night in jail because they said i assualted her. now i cant contact her or see her. what ever is done is done . cant be changed but i still miss her. i hate alchol ......

It likely won't be the last time you end up in jail either and if you continue to keep each other around.

Sounds like a 'toxic' relationship you two have going and it becomes worse and while under the influence of alcohol.

Obviously you have assaulted her, or you wouldn't have gone to jail. You must have been stone drunk and to not remember a thing. Why the heck get in those states in the first place? If that is how alcohol affects you, perhaps you should consider giving it up.

yea i think i gotta give up the alcohol thing once for all.
    thanx for the reply

Did you assault her because you were drunk or did she do something to you to instigate the fight (and I mean did she 'do' something, not 'say' something) because if she marks you up she can get thrown in for assault, too.
    Just saying because unless they're really drunk and angry most fights, even drunk fights, start when somebody hits someone first.

She started breaking stuff and i told her to stop and then she started getting agressive with me and started to slap me and i moved her away and thats all i did...
    ended up goin in ....

Quote Originally Posted by SIKI View Post
    She started breaking stuff and i told her to stop and then she started getting agressive with me and started to slap me and i moved her away and thats all i did...
    ended up goin in ....
    Moving her away is what was the assault. It's also blaming the victim. You can say "I pushed her" to take accountability for your action.

And don't tell me she started to slap you - I know that. Her action is separate from your action. Was it abusive? Yes. Did she go to jail for it? No, so move on. Do your time, do your weekend work program, take your classes, pay your fines and try to learn better ways. It's worked for me.

And yes, I know I've revealed a lot that I hadn't here before.

Oh yeah, what xxazurexx said was correct - the relationship you're in is indeed toxic. Get out of it YESTERDAY. I've been in one ( that ^^^ one) that was toxic, and it's a living hell.
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 04-02-11 at 11:20 AM.

yeah man that is a ****ED UP situation! but if a girl is gonna put you in jail for nothing than you probably dont want to be with her anyway. had that happen to me once. spent 9 days in county, never touched her!! i wasnt even drunk, she was! one more reason i hate the police. just know that if a girl says anything no matter how preposterous it is YOU are going to jail! even if they are drunk, you are not, and they assault you. if you are ever in that situation again DONT touch her at all, and either leave or call the police first. if you have marks on you and she doesnt she might go to jail instead of you!
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

yea i learned that too late but learning from your mistakes makes u stronger rite..
    so next time i shall never be put in that situation. thanks for the replies..

Good luck, man.

Our system is so biased against men.

If you had started getting aggressive that way with her, you would have been in deep shit. Just avoid her (and people like her) like the plague. Best to just be the adult and move on.

Our system is tooo baised against men.. in this cases the system just makes it worse doesnt solve anything... but like u said the best thing to do for me is move on like an adult.. Thanks for the feed back