+ Follow This Topic

Thread: head spinning

head spinning

the backstory:

myself and this girl dated for a few months back toward the end of 2009. life happened and we both got busy and fell out of touch, it faded for most of 2010. we hung out a few times during the year, caught up. In early fall we both admitted that we had been seeing other people, and things never got back to where they were. We got along well while dating, had a ton in common, and there was chemistry. There was never any big fallout or negative thing that came between us, it just seemed like bad timing.

the current story:

A month ago she randomly calls me wanting to get a drink. We do, have a fun time. She specifically says that we should "get together more often" and "do a better job of staying in touch". I agree with her. We talk about several things that we'd like to do together. The vibe felt like it did back when we were dating. I am not currently seeing anyone, though I didn't mention this. She also didn't talk about anyone she was seeing. I walked away from it feeling like we might be giving it another chance, but I obviously couldn't be sure. It could just be a friends thing, but again that isn't the vibe I got.

Since then she hasn't really been acting like a person who suggested that we "get together more often". She is definitely busy right now, which is fine, but I'm just trying to figure out what I should be thinking. I invited her out the week after we hung out and she had class so she couldn't make it. I left the ball in her court since then, but I like this girl a lot and am getting frustrated by the conflicting messages of what she told me and how she seems to be acting. This isn't really what I would define as doing a "better job of staying in touch".

What do you think? Let it ride or call her out?

Words are meaningless, Actions count...and if they aren't showing much action, time to say bye bye.

You're thinking you left the ball in her court, but she might be wondering why you haven't tried to get in touch again. I don't know what you mean by "call her out." To me, that sounds sort of confrontational. No need to do that, just ask her if she wants to hang out again. If she makes an excuse without offering to meet you another time, then she didn't mean what she said and you can move on for good. People say things they don't mean all the time.

what I mean is just ask her what she meant by "get together more often". To me when you say that to someone and you talk about things you'd like to do together, you try and make that happen. I tried, it didn't happen. Now I feel like its her turn to throw something out there if she actually meant what she said. If she didn't, then yeah I can just let it go but I would also be pissed off by the mixed signals. Its not like we don't have history together.