+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I tell her it was a Misunderstanding?

How can I tell her it was a Misunderstanding?

So I'm 17. I met this girl at the beginnig of the year and we clicked. She fell hard for me, but I took a long time to ask her out. It wasn't because I didn't like her. My grandpa had just died and I was having family issues. There were times when I should've, but I didn't. So when I did ask her out she turned me down at first because she thought I didn't like her. I didn't talk to her for a few days and one day she came over saying she needed me and she broke down crying. We dated for a week before she ended it. I didn't really treat her like my girlfriend, but I was having some family/medical issues. I didn't tell her because I didn't want her to worry. She ended it the day before I was going to tell her what happened. Its been 2 months and I made a dumbass of myself and did some dumb things. I was stressed and overwhelmed and I bugged her a lot. I never told her what was really the problem. I just told her how much she meant to me. Like she told me to stop beating myself over it, but it's not because it ended. It's because at one point she asked if something was bothering me and I told her no. That sealed the deal. She told me things just changed and it wasn't because she didn't like me that she ended it. I need to tell her this, but idk if shell talk to me anymore. I mean she's had boyfriend issues in the past and me not treating her like my girlfriend reopened some old wounds. Like when I asked her for a second chance at first, she thought I was just pretending to like her. Like she didn't fell that I liked her when I asked her out. How can I tell her this? I mean like I don't know if she'll want to talk to me now. At the time, all of that stuff was over my head, but now I want to tell her what was happening because I miss her so much and I know what the real problem was. It wasn't us. It was just bad timing that led to a bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bringthanoise View Post
    I know what the real problem was. It wasn't us. It was just bad timing that led to a bad situation.
    No, the problem was you. That you're not taking responsibility for how you treated her suggests that you shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone until you can learn to be more communicative with your feelings and things that are going on in your life. You bugged her a lot after the breakup and she still didn't want to be with you, so don't bug her anymore. I think you should move on.

Hmmm, can you write this little story in a note, put it in a red envelope with a single red rose attached, and leave it in her locker? Explain it to her pretty much like you explained it to us? The nice thing about a letter is she has a chance to read it, absorb what you have to say, and she can't interrupt.
    And it's not email or text. It's handwritten. Which shows you care enough to put in the extra time and effort.

Then, stop acting like a dweeb and treat her like your girlfriend!

When I said it was bad timing, I mean I took awhile to ask her out so when I asked her she thought I was doing it to make her happy or because her friends wanted me too. I didn't expect her to come back after she said no at first. It was just kind of weird to begin with.