+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mixed signals?

mixed signals?

Hello,

I just joined and am hoping I can maybe find an answer in here.... Just some background. I am 28 yr old male from NY. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and am one of the "nice guys." I am not a pushover.. but I am not the type of guy who treats women or all people for that matter like crap... I guess thats all the background that is relevant.. haha thanks for reading.. Anyway....

My girlfriend went from saying "I am super attracted to you and I love you the way you are" last friday.. to Saturday saying "we need to talk" and then ending it last Sunday. Why the complete change? I was gonna contact her tomorrow.. but do you think that is too soon, or should I wait until AFTER valentines day. I dont want her to think im calling her BECAUSE of Valentines day. Even though I'd like too. Should i contact her at all? Problem is she would be afraid to contact me even if she wanted too.

She went from CONSTANTLY sending me gifts, texts, calling me, to this? I am utterly confused....

I dont want her to think i've totally moved on... or do I? Please help. We haven't spoken in a week. Thank you

BTW she is 23

I miss her voice, her smell, and simply just being with her

thank you for the help

Im a mess right now....

Ah that must be painful :-(

It's strange she changes her mind just like that! Did she say anything about why she wanted to end it?
    How long were you together?

Well a week is quite a long time if you were constantly having contact, you should contact her
    Let her know you miss her.

On friday amongst the things ive already said she got pretty drunk and told me she had an eating disorder. i DID NOT judge her and was very supportive. we also had sex (not the first time.). on saturday she told me she wanted to stay home and relax and then txted me 6 hours later saying "we need to talk.". on sunday she said she didnt feel it and that i deserve someone who will love me with all their heart. she also said she gets bored easy and said this was her longest relationship shes had and her first real one. she said she wants to br able to hang out with her friends, i said i did too... but than said she wants to spend everdsy with her boyfriend... doesnt make any sense. she than said she wanted to be friends and said "maybe we can get drinks sometime.... call me if you want to talk" told her i couldnt be friends. she then asked me for a hug which i reluctantly gave.

Why pretend to be into someone for months... it doesnt make sense. she was TOTALLy into me than something changed and literally overnight...
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 07-02-11 at 09:30 AM.

man its so hard to not call her/...especially after drikning

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post

Why pretend to be into someone for months... it doesnt make sense. she was TOTALLy into me than something changed and literally overnight...
    People don't just love you one minute, then not love you the next. And if that did happen, then they didn't truly love you to start with.

Despite her saying she was still into you, etc, etc, it could have all been said and because she's wanted to love you and has tried to love you, but pretence can only last for long.

Why pretend.. and pretend up to the day of the breakup too?