+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Missing you...

Missing you...

I miss him.. a lot. My ex.

I sometimes imagine us being back together... where he places his arms around me and holds me so tight. I miss those special moments with him.

I am doing much better these days but I can't deny that I think about our times together still. We have no more contact and I know he is with someone else now. The other day my 6 year old nephew asked about him in front of my entire family... I was speechless. I didn't know how to respond. I felt that pain in my chest coming back..

I can't seem to put him behind me fully.. I miss him.

Any words of encouragement? Tell me I'll get better. Thanks.

I feel the same, you know what? If he wasn't sure for you, in time you will feel better, but i think if he was great, you will still feel this way for a long time! I had the times when I lay in bed and imagine laying on his arms and chest too! Sad!

Look forward !!!! That's all I can say as I'm in similar position lol

It gets better. Why not get a new partner - worked well for me

I feel the same way too, especially lately. What I try to do is remind myself of the negative parts of the relationship - usually when we look back on things, we tend to only remember the positive, fun moments, and that's not exactly how the relationship was. Think about the times he made you feel bad or moments you realized he might not really be the one for you. Doing that will help keep things in perspective and you will start to think that you can do much better. The way I've been looking at it is there HAS to be a reason why we aren't with them anymore. If we were supposed to be, we would be. I truly feel that everyone is meant to be with someone, and maybe these boyfriends were just a stepping stone for us to get experience and keep on the search for the right one. That's what I try to tell myself anyways you will be fine. and if you need anything I'm going through the same thing, so PM me or email me

ya im going through the same thing too but with my girl. it sucks. it has only been a week and iknow the worst is yet to come. i do know from past experience though that in time you will get over it. for a while it feels like every day you wake up and hurt more, but eventually every day you wake up it will hurt less and less until one day you will wake up and not hurt anymore.
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

The one thing thats helping me out heaps is that its festival season. Fresh air, hot sunny days, great bands, and lots and lots of woman and beer. Get out and get amongst it.
    So i threw you the obvious, to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel, eyes of a tragedy.
    Oh well. Apparently nothing.
    You don't see me.
    You don't see me at all.

I think with some people you just don't ever fully get over them. You can accept that the relationship is over and you can move on from that but I still think we keep a little corner in our hearts for those we truly loved.

My current ex will probably always have a place in my heart. I don't really have any bad times with her that I can focus on, it was all good. The end was just sad.

I loved her, I loved being with her and I still love her, probably always will. And when I get to the stage of no longer being in love with her, I hope she will still be there in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    I think with some people you just don't ever fully get over them. You can accept that the relationship is over and you can move on from that but I still think we keep a little corner in our hearts for those we truly loved.

My current ex will probably always have a place in my heart. I don't really have any bad times with her that I can focus on, it was all good. The end was just sad.

I loved her, I loved being with her and I still love her, probably always will. And when I get to the stage of no longer being in love with her, I hope she will still be there in my heart.
    Thats how I feel... Why can people who arent happy and fight all the time be in long relationships and peopel who have fun and enjoy every minute cant...

Yeh I went through that. After I broke up with my ex, he started seeing someone else within 2 months. What helped me the most was making a list of reasons why he was wrong for me. And whenever my mind started wandering to the good times, I'd force myself to read the list. Be brutally honest when you write the list - don't leave out the details and make excuses for him. It gets better with time. At the time I didn't think I could picture anyone else in his place and I felt like my heart was literally torn out, but with time, you'll find that spark with someone else. Just don't facebook stalk your ex or look at old pictures. That's the worst kind of damage you can do to yourself. I still think of him, but it's less painful now that the memories are more distant.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    Thats how I feel... Why can people who arent happy and fight all the time be in long relationships and peopel who have fun and enjoy every minute cant...
    OMFG. I have been wondering this since my ex and I broke up. of all the couples we hung around with, we fought the least. people I know have SCREAMING matches, fight every second together, and their relationship seems so messed up, but yet they're still together and "happy" and we broke up... it doesn't seem like it makes any sense

Quote Originally Posted by whatthis View Post
    Just don't facebook stalk your ex or look at old pictures. That's the worst kind of damage you can do to yourself. I still think of him, but it's less painful now that the memories are more distant.
    this is what I'm having trouble with. I'm not deleting my ex on Facebook because I feel that's stupid... he was a part of my life and even though we don't talk, I don't see the point in deleting him off my friends list. I hid him from my news feed so when stuff comes up about him I don't even see it. but sometimes I'll get this weird urge to just go check up on his page and usually it ends up making me upset... if some girl writes on his wall I wonder why and stuff. I get over it pretty fast and I know it's stupid but how can I resist the urge to check his facebook every now and then? any pointers?

You just have to delete him.... I deleted my ex the day I broke up with him. We have a lot of mutual friends though and I find that even up until a month ago, when I see pics of my ex posted by my friends or if he comments on any of his friends' posts, it just brings back so much and it makes me immediately feel down. I would suggest deleting him (and blocking him - that way he completely disappears).... I had a hard time deleting my ex because he was a big part of my life as well and I didn't want to delete the memories. But you have to remember - that's exactly what you have to do - you have to delete the memories if you wanna get over him.

I also realized that if I had him on my friend's list, there was NO WAY I was getting over him. And while he was still on my mind, there was no way I was going to let anyone else in. Ever since I started actually making an effort to AVOID any interaction with him online, my life has been so much better. I have all his friends blocked from my news feed. It's hard. But go 5 days without "running into him" in any way and you will notice the difference (even if it is a slight difference). And the longer you go without running into him, the less impact it will have on you the next time you do run into him. Good luck girl! Hang in there. Cliched as it sounds, it does get better.

You might think "hey what's wrong if I check his profile just once". But trust me. That "once" is a MAJOR setback in your road to getting over him. So make a REAL effort to AVOID him.

I tend to find that people don't really miss the person: they miss what they felt: and miss what that person did to YOU, make sense?

See, if you want to move on: then you will feel compelled to.
    If you actually don't: you will keep using how you felt in the past (for him) to linger on in the present and in the future...
    You will bargain and negotiate intentionally to continue to *miss* his arms and those special moments you can't get out of your mind...

SO I put it back on you: What do YOU want?
    You want to be back with your ex? If so...Why? What did he do to you? Why are you not together?
    Do you want closure?