+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it possible he likes me romantically?

is it possible he likes me romantically?

So I just started college in the beginning of last fall and I met a guy. We're just friends but I was seeing some signs that maybe he is interested. The easiest indicator that a guy likes you is if he TELLS you; however, we're both in long term relationships and it would cause so many problems if I don't like him or vice versa.

One night, we were both drinking with some friends & my boyfriend, who was holding me the whole time. We all drank too much and I passed out but two of my friends told me that the guy was considering breaking up with his girlfriend but after that night, he decided against it. We were talking about it recently and he told me he wanted to break up with her "because it's college" but when I said that wasn't a good answer, he ignored the subject.

Sometimes when we're alone together, he says that he wants to ask me something but then he starts joking around and talks in Arabic (he's learning that now & likes showing it off). It seemed like he wanted to ask something serious but decided against it.

Also, I see him staring at me a lot whenever we're eating with friends but I'm not sure if he does that to everyone. I sometimes make eye contact but he always looks away. We have a class together this semester and he always goes out of his way to sit next to me & text me things such as "what room are we in" when he knows exactly which one- I mean, we had 4 classes before that one so how could he not know?

He was always a little mean to me but if I got upset, he would apologize so I don't know if he's just teasing or messing around with me. But he would reassure me that he liked me as a person so I shouldn't be sensitive towards his "joking" insults. I see him everyday so if he actually does like me romantically, it'd be weird for me because I love my boyfriend and I don't want us to be uncomfortable as friends. Any advice?

You have a boyfriend. If you think this other guy has feelings, ignore them. If he says anything about it or makes it completely obvious, then you can stop being friends with him.

That is completely true. I was too obsessed to figure this situation out that I didn't think about that. Thanks!