+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she mad?

Is she mad?

My sort-of close friend a girl brought back clothes for me as a gift from America, but I told her that I most likely won't wear it because I don't really like it. I told her the truth, but do you think she would get mad or upset, that I didn't appreciate something handpicked by her?

I got a christmas present and it was a complete outfit sweater, dress pants, shoes, necklace and panty hose not wore any of it never will, but i thanked him and never once told him i did not like it sorry it is called tact best bet was to say nothing
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm yes you idiot. Unless she specifically asked you could have fibbed a bit. Geeze a thank you would have been way more appropriate.

yeah dick! but the truth will set you free!!!! and yes she will be mad at you
    I got loaded last night on a bottle of gin
    And I had a fight with my redneck girlfriend
    But when I'm drinkin' I am nobody's friend
    Please baby wait for me until they let me out again

hahahahahahhahahahaha wow. It's your "sort of" close friend. You should've at least thanked her. Thanking doesn't mean you liked the gift. It just means that you appreciate the fact that she thought about you and brought something back for you. Now if she specifically asked you if you liked it or if you were gonna wear it, you could've just evaded the question or told her it wasn't really your style, but thank you anyway (depending on the kind of relationship you have with her). Diplomacy, my friend!

I always think honesty is the best policy so i would tell them i didn't like it - i always worry that if i don't they might buy me other things like it in the future and waste their money but i would certainly thank them very much for the gesture. I get all the diplomacy posts but i'm a very straight person by nature but always make it clear how grateful i am.

Oh my, if she's not angry, there's something wrong with her. Just reverse the situation. If you spent time picking out clothes for her, probably picturing how nice she'd look in them and how happy she'd be to have them....just to have them completely, undeservedly rejected, do you think you might be a little upset?