+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend going on vacation without me

Girlfriend going on vacation without me

I have been dating my girlfriend, off and on, for four years. For various work and financial reasons, we have never taken a vacation together. We recently got back together after having been away from each other for awhile, and she told me that she will be going on her next vacation with her best friend because she had already made plans (although she has not booked anything and it is 2 months away). Am I being unreasonable to hope that she would have rather chosen to go on vacation with me? She says she can't break the plans because they had already made them when we were apart and it wouldn't be fair to her friend. I agree it would be a crappy thing to do, but we don't get all that much free time to ourselves and i hoped she would have thought about it. We are madly in love (at least that's what she tells me and i believe her), but maybe she's just not that committed to the relationship right now?

She wants to go with her friend. And she planed it when you haven't been in the picture, so it's not like she is chosing her friend over you.
    I think you are mostly worried because you had unstable relationship pattern before.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, my husband and I take separate vacations frequently. Hell, he's in Barbados right now.

It would only be an uncomfortable thing if you don't trust her being away from you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by speakerspoke View Post
    Your fake marriage is not the topic of the thread though.

The OP doesn't seem interested in being a part of a fake relationship where all parties involved sleep with all parties and for that I salute him.

My advice stands, find a new chick who's not retarded. lol
    There was a point, which you clearly missed. There's millions of people out there with very happy, healthy relationships that take vacations without their partners. Just because they go without you, it doesn't mean your relationship is ending, yeesh.

Anyways, I'm starting to suspect you're just here to be a pain in the ass.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Try not to look at things as right and wrong.

She made a choice: if you don't like the choice: talk to her about and let her know.
    If she doesn't validate your feelings: she doesn't care about you.
    If she does validate your feelings, but chooses to go on the trip with her friend: then you need to either accept it OR leave.

If you don't get free time in your relationship: this is not her friend's problem: it's yours for bringing it up.
    So resolve it: or you need to find someone who appreciates YOU and provides the time, and attention a relationship NEEDS.
    She doesn't sound like that to me. She isn't madly in love with you: it shows. You are her man "for now" until something comes up later.

Don't call me names you ****ing bitch!

Now since you lack the maturity to simply agree to disagree, here, I'll do it for you, I agree to disagree with your opinion on here and your ridiculous lifestyle that you call internet posting.

Thank you and goodnight.
    Then it says you too have a ridiculous internet lifestyle except HERs has purpose: while you haven't ANY. Ouch.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    your ridiculous lifestyle that you call internet posting.

You're here too, smart guy. Lol.