+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship advice please - STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

Relationship advice please - STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

I would LOVE some advice please!
    I just turned 29 and been with my BF for 3 years now. We both started business when we meet, and actually bonded very close relationship.
    We did start however to have financial disagreements about 1.5yrs ago, which drove me NUTS, just because I was hoping to plan a smarter life for us both, but he had different views to how money should be spent.
    It really bothered me cos when we meet, for the first time, I thought he was love of my life, and didn�t think we would have issues like that, talking financially. BUT only last few months, he realized a lot of things and everything that bothered me about our relationship, he has changed and tried to improve, to be a better person, BUT now it has been ME, that is UNSURE about our relationship.

We lived together for about 6 months (after 1.5yrs in a relationship) and then he moved out, as he had business to do�.and during the whole last 12 months, ive been trying to move forward with my life, but I could never let him go 100% because I missed having him as my little shadow, person I can call and talk, and hugs when he was in town.
    What bothers me the most, is in the last 2.5 yrs of the relationship, he has put on SO MUCH WEIGHT!!! I look at him, and he is so FAT to me�.but again, that is another thing that he is trying to improve and change�.and these things take time.
    I am very impatient. I cant help to look at him everyday when he staying with me, and thinking how much his overweight bothers me.

It bothers me, that I have my own apartment, mortgaged, furniture, TV, Fridge all�.and him having to come into my life with nothing behind him, but just good intentions for the future.
    He has debts which he is sorting out to pay, finally over the next couple of months�.but he is older than me, 38yrs old, and you would think a 38yrs old man would have it all together.
    His is working hard, but I always judge and think he can do more, and sometimes I make him feel he has to prove himself to me and my family.

I wish he was fitter and that I could move into HIS apartment, and experience all that, but that is just a dream at the moment.
    I really don�t know what to do�..I don�t think he is my perfect man match, but I am in it still, cos its comfortable and I never been in any other relationship that feels emotionally close,
    He would do anything for me and he really does want us to be together, but I am in doubt, and confused with my emotions all the time. I hate being confused!!!!

I don�t know what to do?????
    Do I stay and HOPE for things to get better (eg. Weight loss, financial hope for future) He has a son too, that lives interstate (14yrs old) and that bothers me too, cos he is not mine, and I know I cant change that.
    Or do I leave and look for someone with qualities that I am after from a man?

I get so upset with him, cos I am pretty slim and I think many times, imagine if that was me that put on 35kgs on, how would he find me, attractive?
    Its not fair�but I guess I should be supportive and loving, but its been dragging on for last 2 yrs and he is always trying to lose weight, but no changes.

Pls tell me some advice�.. Thank you

So you don't find him attractive, you disagree on finances, and you're bothered that he has a son. Those are some major issues that point to you two being just plain incompatible.

But also, you seem very high maintenance and demanding. Like a spoiled little princess.