+ Follow This Topic

Thread: shy approaching women...

shy approaching women...

hey guys,

i'm really shy approaching girls in real life. there are times when i'm at a bar, and i can make myself walk across the room to talk to a girl. but i can really only do it after ive downed a few drinks. but if i don’t have a few drinks in me, i can't concentrate on what i'm saying because all i can think about is how nervous i am.

is this normal? does anyone else feel nervous when approaching an attractive woman? last weekend i was so nervous talking to a girl that my hand was shaking, and i ended up spilling beer on myself... i know. it's almost kind of funny.

i've been looking online on how to approach girls in public and i found a couple of ebooks and videos that seem pretty cool. they’re kind of all over the place and they seem to say the same things. They just keep telling you to expose yourself to fear and like desensitize yourself just by pushing through the pain… but i don’t know if i have that in me. i was looking around for something that i could possibly take that could make me less nervous. i don't really want to take anti-depressants or get addicted to anything though. i don't want to take prescription anti-anxiety medication.. i mean i'm fine at my job and interacting with other guys. So, i shouldn't need that, right?

i found a few herbal supplements that are supposed to calm you down. i heard st. john's sort can be good and valerian root. but i heard st. john's wort has some sort of health issues with it and valerian can make you really sleepy. i found this supplement on a forum that someone recommended for approach anxiety called a2x approach anxiety exterminator. i ordered it and i really hope it works. have any of you guys tried something like this that has been successful for you?

i know some of you guys are probably just going to tell me to man up and go and talk to girls but i just can't do it so easily. i don’t really go out that much.. maybe i should just go out more and see how it works out…

stan

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how old are you?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Maybe meeting someone at a bar/club is not your thing. You are way too nervous in that environment.
    You should go do fun stuff with friends, and meet people in a group setting. Going to a bar alone is really
    scary and creepy. Also, don't try so hard. You usually meet the right person when you are not trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    how old are you?
    23. Why do you ask?

I'm with you dude. You're not alone. But I'm just a college student.

Forget them eBooks. You haven't been rejected enough to build your courage. I've been with all types of women and still get rejected once in a while.
    Let women reject you. It will only give you better ideas to be better with your confidence.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Nobody can give you the magic solution. It probably comes with age and experience. Just get out there and expect to get turned down from time to time.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It goes away with age, by the time you are 30 you are going to completely forget you ever had it.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj