+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some advice on this guy I like...

I need some advice on this guy I like...

Hi!!

Thank you for reading this!

I need some advice, please about the guy I like.
    Over the past 6 months or so I have made a new guy friend and now we have a great friendship. I see him in the social group through church (he EVEN has the same values as I do!!! ) at least twice a week and recently, I've found that I like him as more than a friend. I really do like him and when I think about him and ask myself 'do I really see this going somewhere?' I do. I can see it going far. He makes me happy and I can imagine being with him and wanting to be with him many years down the track.

He is so lovely, he opens doors for me, he takes an interest in the things that I say, we have so many in-jokes together, we have songs that we mutually appreciate which have become sort of "our songs" and he always brings them up just to make me smile. He makes references to the things that I like even if he doesn't like them himself and he is really charming. He is my good friend and he's so sweet and handsome and funny .... *day dream*

I've told myself - you'll get over it, it's just a crush so I haven't told him that I like him but I do like him very much. I've formed a strong relationship with him and then since then, I have come to desire more than a friendship with him. Usually with guys that I like, I see them, I think they look good and then I get over them. With him, my sentiments have slowly grown and only increased in fondness as time has continued.

I like him a lot but I want to know if he likes me. My friends say he does but I would like some more opinions. When we went to the pool with our friends, we sat on the side together and talked for so long that we got sunburned (quite badly!), he takes such an interest in me and the things I like ; he'll make references to my favourite movies and he'll talk to me about my favourite music even though I know he doesn't like it.

Recently, he has asked if he can come over to my house on two separate occasions. I asked our mutual friend if he asks to come over to her house and she said no, aparantly he doesn't usually do this. It was lovely on both occasions, I really had a good time and I can't block out the way I feel about him.

I really want him to like me, I can't let this go.

I think about him ALL the time but I'm afraid of what will happen if I tell him how I feel. I'm afraid of ruining the friendship if it's not mutual, of making him feel awkward around me, of being rejected, hurt, disappointed etc. On the other hand, I think that I shouldn't die wondering what would have happened if I had told him and given it a chance. He should know how loved he is...

I'm thinking too much again, what do you think? Does he like me? Should I tell him how I feel?

Thank you!!!
    xoxoxoxo
    Last edited by Nikki92; 12-02-11 at 06:37 PM.

I think you are WAY overthinking this one. If we always assume that the worst of our risks will come true, we would be paralyzed. Sure, a relationship with this guy may not work out in the long run ... but maybe it will! By all means, let him know how you feel. You can't have just a friendship where there is a one-sided romantic attraction anyway. It NEVER works. But in this case, it seems that the romantic attraction is mutual, so go for it!

Carl.

Of course you have to tell him how you feel but chances are he already knows. If that's the case has he tried to kiss you? Have you tried to kiss him?

He likes you, hes probs just shy
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Sharz[/COLOR]