+ Follow This Topic

Thread: COuld this be real or fake?

COuld this be real or fake?

Hi,
    I have come here to get some advice from people I don't know (friends can be overprotective and not always tell the truth), so that I can get an honest opinion.
    I have been chatting to a young lady who selected me on 'Are you interested?' via facebook. She is originally from Spain, but now lives in Holland. We have sent several emails (5 her/4 me) to it each, that include asking questions about it each other, and we have exchanged photos as well.
    I am always suspicious of being scammed (especially as I am not good looking, and don't have any luck with women), but the only time she has mentioned money is when she has mentioned about her inheritance she is claiming in California, America. She is there now. I know there is a thing called trust, but not being sure,so I traced her mail, and it did come from California.
    She has mentioned that if things work about she would be willing to live here, and she has also said that when we first meet, that she is willing to come here.
    What has scared me a bit, that, with the latest email (no.5), she says she thinks she is falling in love with me. I feel it is a bit early to be like that especially as we have not even met yet.

Can someone tell me, am I just being stupid, or is there something I am missing?
    Please ask for any information you need to help me

Anyone who would say she's falling in love with you after 5 emails is either batshit crazy or wants something from you. 100% guaranteed.

Edit: And I don't mean "batshit crazy" in the kooky fun sense. I mean that in the "literally something wrong with their brain" sense.
    Last edited by MerryH; 13-02-11 at 04:53 PM.

5 emails is too little to even start to know someone...

This doesn't ring true, but I see no harm in meeting her in a public place close, but not too close, to home.

She sounds like a complete loony. I'd stay well clear. Anyone who says they are falling in love after 5 emails needs some serious psychiatric help. RUN AWAY

You should stay clear of anyone mentioning inheritances and people who say they love you after 5 emails.

Fake obviously.

Thanks for the advice guys.
    Decide I will continue talking to her, until she gives me reason not to. You never know, she may be one of the very very few that's legit. No harm in talking, just keep an eye out for the signs. If I do meet her it wouldn't be for a few months, and then it would be on my terms - which will mean me shelling out as little possible money as I can, afterwards she is suppose to have this inheritance

Okay. Let us know when she starts talking about needing help getting her inheritance. She's going to tell you that there's some problem with paperwork or something and in order to get her inheritance, she needs to pay some fees but she just can't afford it. Then she's going to ask you to wire her the money and she'll pay you back a much larger sum once her inheritance is in her possession. Then once she has your money, she'll either disappear or ask for more.

And something about the phrasing of your last sentence ^^^ makes me think that you might actually fall for this due to monetary greed (and/or desperation for someone to love you.) So do yourself a favor and research many of the common ways people can **** you over online and never ever ever give or lend her money.

If this isn't fake, I'm going to find love today.