+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oh what Tangled Love Webs I get caught in

Oh what Tangled Love Webs I get caught in

First off, hi, new here. nice to meet you all.

This is sort of convoluted, but I'll do my best to explain.

Alright. I know 3 people. Lets call them Ben (20), Rachel (18), and Jack (25). I've been watching this situation happen and I have been completely unable to do anything.

Jack has been in love with Rachel since they met in September, despite my best efforts to get him to wise up,and despite the fact that his age is totally inappropriate to be dating a girl born in 1992, he has spent that time showering her with affection, money, and gifts. All of which she has soaked up. I warned him repeatedly to stop, but "BLAH TRUE LOVE BLAH BLAH."

Rachel, however, has been in a relationship with Ben (who shares my name, there's like 5 of us in our class), for almost a year. Rachel was crazy about Ben, and Ben loved Rachel dearly.

However, Jack's constant pining for Rachel eventually led Rachel to believe she MIGHT have feelings for Jack. Which of course caused problems for Rachel and Ben. Rachel decided to take a break with Ben, to get things in order. Ben didn't take this well, and they got into a nasty fight and broke up Saturday. Last night, they started talking again.

Basically, they want to rebuild their relationship. They know they need time, but they still love each other, and eventually want to get back together.

But, here's the kicker. Rachel told me, and I quote "I've decided to be in a relationship with Jack right now, because since he was there for me the whole time, I decided to give him a chance." Which... I understand, but holy crap that's a bad idea.

And Jack... man, you think he just won the crusades, and has returned home with the holy grail in his bag. Since Sunday, he has been blaring it to the world, and has been trying to be an immediate replacement for Ben, trying to act like he was.

I know this is going to end badly, but... I'm powerless to do anything. Jack won't listen to me, Rachel has made up her mind, and Ben... Ben is in the same boat as me. We both pretty much know it won't last between them, and he's taking it surprisingly well. "I don't see this as the end, I see it as an obstacle."

Basically... what the heck do you think will happen? How long do you give Rachel and jack? And do Rachel and Ben still have a chance?

The sooner things go back to normal, the sooner I can stop listening to all of them complain to me. I know that sounds shallow, but it's stressing me out of sleep.

Rachel is a user, a typical 18 year old girl. Her only interest in Jack is based on what he gives her ... she as much has said that. Things will end badly for both Jack and for Ben.

Yeah, I'm hoping she decides to grow up some time soon. She's a nice girl, honestly I wouldn't say your typical 18 year old. She's smart, she's been through a lot and come out rather well adjusted, she's just being stupid. It seems like this is her "grow up" moment.

Ben seems to be taking it well. He's not counting on anything, he's just excited to see them fail.

I asked him if he could really take her back, and he sad that he wouldn't know until the time came. That there would have to be conditions, but right now he thinks he could.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its over for her and Ben no matter what... but Jack is being a dummie too. He'll soon learn that Rachel is stupid and young and acts so. At some point she'll be wined and dined by another man.

Sit in a lawn chair, crack open a beer and just watch the soap opera unfold. There is no stopping this petty crap. If I were you I would tell them "I don't need to hear it". and walk away.

^^Yep.

You're already too involved. This isn't your problem. The only reason you think it's your problem is because you're listening to them complain. Next time any of them bring it up, just tell them that you don't want to be involved in their stupid bullshit and you don't want to talk about it. Repeat as necessary.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No one is married, so I don't see any of this behavior as problematic (all is fair in love and war), except that you are losing sleep. Just tell them you want to mind your own business.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, you're right. I need to sit back and ignore them.

I now know Jack is a lost cause. He just needs to fall on his ass. But I feel bad for the other two, especially Ben. Poor guy.

If you guys had any advice for him, and maybe even Rachel, what would you say to him? I've run out of things to say. Haha.

Whichever way this plays out, I recommend to stay out of it
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~