+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do to make a first date fun?

What to do to make a first date fun?

Hello!!!!!

I met a girl/woman a few weeks ago at a party and we're meeting up this coming weekend. She's left it up to me to decide what to do, but I haven't a clue. I don't really know the town very well and we can't travel at present. She said she doesn't mind a day or night in or out, but what can I do?

There's a few pubs/resturants/coffee shops we could go, but that seems a bit bland. I'm not looking for anything particularly romantic, just some fun ideas for two people getting to know each other! There's no cinema, bowling alley in the town...There is a park, but I've no idea what the weather will be like - Mid-Feb, it could be a risky move if it rains! I know she likes to go out and seeing bands, but there's none about this coming weekend. I thought perhaps somewhere with music, but...Haha, I'm clueless! Help me out!

Do you have ANY idea what she likes to do?
    What you don't do is one up yourself so that the next time she'll be expecting even more.

What is so bland about taking someone for a meal?

You ask people for ideas and then rule out the most popular things to do.

If you can't think where to to take someone for a date, perhaps you shouldn't be dating.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Do you have ANY idea what she likes to do?
    What you don't do is one up yourself so that the next time she'll be expecting even more.
    Nah, a pint of Guinness and a bag of chips from the local fish shop is enough to please your average Brit woman....lmao

OK, that was harsh of me - we do have 'ladies' over here...me and Qwertz for instance

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are new to town, find out what the equivalent of the Automobile Club (AAA) is over there, and get one of their tourist books. The books they print here tell you everything there is to do in every state, and whether or not it is worth your while to see it. They tell you about cost and even how long it takes to drive there.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sorry if I caused offence with my use of the word 'bland'. It wasn't really the right word to use. There's nothing bland about having a meal and getting to know someone, true enough. What I actually meant was that she seems like quite an active girl and I'm worried I'd seem boring! Lol!

I don't really know much about her. I know she likes to see live bands and stand up comedy, and from what I saw at the party she's very social. Thanks for the in put so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Sorry if I caused offence with my use of the word 'bland'. It wasn't really the right word to use. There's nothing bland about having a meal and getting to know someone, true enough. What I actually meant was that she seems like quite an active girl and I'm worried I'd seem boring! Lol!

I don't really know much about her. I know she likes to see live bands and stand up comedy, and from what I saw at the party she's very social. Thanks for the in put so far!
    The fact you are restricted to your hometown tells me you don't own a car.

If she likes you, she won't mind where you take her. She should be more interested in the man she was dating, than where he was going to take her and how miuch money he was spending.

To be honest I'd settle for something 'simple' rather than try to impress with the venue. Don't go too extravagant and until you are assured she has an interest.

At this time of year outdoorsy stuff can be difficult becuase of the weather. To be honest what's wrong with a meal in a nice place - gives you time to talk and get to know each other better.

[QUOTE=xxazurexx;676148]The fact you are restricted to your hometown tells me you don't own a car.[QUOTE]

It's not that I'm restricted, I'm already travelling to get to this town and I don't want to be driving if we're going to have a drink. I guess you guys (or girls) are right. I should just plan something simple. I was kind of worried I might bore her to death, haha!

First date? Thats easy. Sex!

After explaining the travel situation above, what do you think of offering to jump on a train and take a trip into the city? I thought it could be good because a) we could talk or play little games on the train. b) We've be alright if we fancied a drink or two without having to worry about driving.

Do you think that's alright, or is it just better to stay in town rather then suggest a train?

It's not that I'm restricted, I'm already travelling to get to this town and I don't want to be driving if we're going to have a drink. I guess you guys (or girls) are right. I should just plan something simple. I was kind of worried I might bore her to death, haha!
    Don't have a drink then and drive someplace else.

I hope you aren't getting her pissed and thinking she will be 'easy meat' after a few drinks? lol

First date? Thats easy. Sex!...
    You see. It's guys like this one ^^^^ that makes us females think the way we do.

After explaining the travel situation above, what do you think of offering to jump on a train and take a trip into the city? I thought it could be good because a) we could talk or play little games on the train. b) We've be alright if we fancied a drink or two without having to worry about driving.

Do you think that's alright, or is it just better to stay in town rather then suggest a train?
    What kind of games? Eye spy with my little eye or something??? lol

You know what, just take her for a meal godammmit!!....Why are you so against meals??

I think this would be a nice date! It could be fun and adventerous! You don't know what you are going to end up doing so that will be the fun part and just a surprise for both of you! And btw dinner is not bland! She is going to want to eat on the date lol!