+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it over between us, or doe she need her space?

Is it over between us, or doe she need her space?

I met a girl 3 months ago trough a dating site and everything went fine.

We dated quite a few times and spend 2nd Christmas day together and New Years Eve together. We even started talking a little bit about the future and after the new year started we decided to see eachother also during the week (Every Wednesday) instead of only in the weekends.

3 weeks ago she went to India with her family, and everything seemed fine, as we kept texting (trough whatsapp). But on Valentines day (5 days ago) I did not her from here, also not on the day she left, on the 15th. On the 16th of February, the day she landed (Wednesday), she did send me a text-message she landed safely. I decided to text back and leave her alone that day so she could rest.

The next day (Thursday) I called her but she did not pick up the phone. Later she texted me, telling me she would call me later in the day. However she did not. When I texted her she did not reply.

The following day (Friday) I emailed asking if how she was doing. She texted me back apologizing about not calling, the day before, and that she might have an after holiday dip? I checked her profile on the datingsite we’ve met, and I saw she came online the day she came back from India! So I texted her asking is she wanted to be left alone this weekend as I felt she did not want to talk to me on the phone, she told me she did wanted to be left alone and apologized.

So, to me, there seem 3 possibilities:
    1. Something happened in India
    2. She was/is not sure about us and probably had a match in her online dating and decided to meet with him this weekend.
    3. Or she really does have a after holiday dip.

I'm hoping it the last one, but there is serious doubt in my mind. It's strange not to call someone to speak to him/her directly to hear his/her voice, even if you have an after holiday dip. This leads me to believe it's over between us. Or maybe she enjoyed single life when she was in India so much, she's pondering about 'our' situation.

She's 32 and I'm kind of disappointed in the way she's communicating with me. From a 32 year old woman I expected her not to behave like a 12 year old. Maybe it's just me, but calling someone to tell them in their face you need space is the least you can do right?

So what to do after the weekend? I talked with a good friend of mine and he told me to wait after the weekend and see what she has to say, but If she does not call on Monday I need to move on. I think this is very good advice, but was wondering what you guys think.

Just give her some space. And honestly, don`t make it seem as if ur life depends on her. Look around and be friendly with other people too.
    If she really wants this to work, she`ll call you and meet up with you. If she doesnt then, whats the point. Plus you`ll know your answer. Don`t always text her just cuz she doesnt reply back. Give her a break for a few days and see if she cares enough to text you =)

Ya well your relationship doesn't sound like passion and fireworks. She's met someone else dude, she's just working up the nerve to tell you.

No attention from her, I suppose she found a better match!

Quote Originally Posted by chika001 View Post
    Just give her some space. And honestly, don`t make it seem as if ur life depends on her. Look around and be friendly with other people too.
    If she really wants this to work, she`ll call you and meet up with you. If she doesnt then, whats the point. Plus you`ll know your answer. Don`t always text her just cuz she doesnt reply back. Give her a break for a few days and see if she cares enough to text you =)
    Hi Chika, thx for replying. I'm just wondering from a female perspective if women sometimes need a break. I asked her if she wanted to be left alone this weekend, but If I don't her from her after the weekend, can I assume this is going nowhere fast?

I think It's strange not calling someone after you haven't spoken face to face in 2,5 weeks. We did have contact whe she was over in India. She went over to India for a marriage of a family member and texted me we should also marry in India because the elaborate celebration. You wouldn't do that if you were not certain of eachother right? I did texted her a few things with valentines day, maybe that scared her. I also send her a card.

I'm not really buying the "I have a holiday dip", seeing she did come online on the dating site. If she found someone else this would be a good explanation to ask for space this weekend so she could check him out. I'm a very proud guy, I might be too harsh in my judgment, but do you agree that after the weekend, with nothing heard from her, I just need to let go?

UPDATE:

I created a fake profile on the dating site we met and she has has reacted on that profile indicating she wants a date, so looks like the magic is gone and I need to move on.