+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "i don't think i should, i'm kinda seeing someone," want a girls interpretation =)

"i don't think i should, i'm kinda seeing someone," want a girls interpretation =)

Hey, today i finally managed to ask out a girl i've liked for a while, but unfortunately it didn't go to my liking.

When i first asked she said, "maybe, ill think about it," and when i asked for some follow up she said "I don't think i should, i'm kind of seeing someone at the moment, but thanks for asking,"

When i first met this girl it kinda seemed like she liked me, she used to smile at me at work whenever our eyes met. i got to know her a bit and descided i wanted to ask her out, but the fact she only works 1 day a week and i'm quite shy it took me a good few weeks before i managed to pull together the courage to ask her out, and when i did i got the answer above.

I really like this girl and i really want to make something out of this. So what i want to know is; what do you think she actually mean's by this because to me it sounds like she's only just started seeing this other guy and she likes me enough that she would have said yes if she wasn't seeing him. Also what do you girls think i should do in this situation, and what would you want a guy to do?

Thanx for reading =)

clever girl...I like her reply.

She is keeping her options opened without closing the door on you, it's giving her some time to think about it.

She might even be testing your interest...if you are seriously interested you will persevere...if not...she will soon find out/
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    clever girl...I like her reply.

She is keeping her options opened without closing the door on you, it's giving her some time to think about it.

She might even be testing your interest...if you are seriously interested you will persevere...if not...she will soon find out/
    hmmm i like your reply =P

I was already planning on persevering so thats good to know. the problem is she only works sundays, and i recently found out she's being layed off because we have too many staff, which really sucks and i wish she wasn't, and she is a good worker. One of my managers was supposed to fire her today but she didn't becasue she knows i like her and she wanted to give me a few more days to ask her out and get to know her a bit better and stuff, whcih i am very grateful for. However i am off next sunday and the store manager isn't as nice (nowhere near even) and im sure he will get rid of her next sunday if not before.

This unfortunately leaves me with only facebook to talk to her over, which is annoying becasue she's very rarely online and with her seeing someone if i have no way of talking to her regularly then how am i going to show i'm still interested?

I'm probably worrying about this too much but i don't want her to get the wrong idea about me and think i've just given up because she said no'ish'

Look...on the day she is laid off..wait for her and offer to take her for a drink to take her mind off (that is only if she is not completely overwhelmed with the shock of loosing her job)...if she declines don't leave without giving her your phone number...then the ball's in her court so to speak...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Sounds good, ill give it a shot, i just hope she doesn't get fired next weekend when im not there. But even so i'm sure i could offer a coffee when i find out the news right?

Timing is important in relationships.

I'm currently seeing a guy that I really like but am not exclusive with. If another guy who I thought was cute/had a crush on asked me out on a date, I'd probably say the same thing. I'd feel bad if I went on a date with him, because it'd feel slutty/like I was pulling two guys along, but I wouldn't want to shut the door completely because I'm NOT seriously dating someone.

Give it some time, continue to be friendly and warm, and see if it goes anywhere with this guy in the next few weeks. If it does, it doesn't mean she didn't like you... just means he got the drop on you. There is a certain element of luck and chance to landing the person you like. So good luck!

In my opinion, she gave you a solid "no." So if I were in a situation where I said no to a date, I would hope that the guy would just accept the rejection and drop it.

Sorry to rain on your parade.