+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just told this girl that I like her

I just told this girl that I like her

Hi there!

I have recently told a girl that I like her. I kind of just said it when I was at her place, so she got really surprised. First she closed her eyes an then when she opened them I could see tears in her eyes. She was smiling and said "thanks".. Then I also added that she has beautiful eyes as I was looking at her and she replied "they are just blue" and I added that they are just the way I like them. She told me that she is surprised as I just told her what I feel. I added that I wanted to tell her for quite some time but something always came between.

Then she asked me if she has to give me an answer right away or if she can take some time and of course I said she has all the time she needs.

What do you think, why do girls ask if they can be given time? Is it possible that she is trying to find the time to think how she will reject me, or she just needs time to really think or tell me her feelings? Google found nothing on this, so please give me some ideas while im waiting for the moment.

Have nice time!

random

I think she's thinking how to express her feelings to you. It's probably not rejection, by the way. If it is a rejection, and again, I doubt it will be, at least you told her how you felt.

Also, I'm glad you told her when you did. I waited 8 years to tell a girl I liked her.

Well she probably is trying to search for feelings within herself. It's obvious she never considered you as BF material and this was a total surprise to her. She likes you as a friend so she needs time to imagine what it would be like to date you. OR like you said, she is thinking of a way to let you down easy.

Here is the rest of the story, which was before I told her my feelings. It is a little bit frustrating for me why she was so shocked.

Long story short, my friend told her in a random conversation that he is trying to get me a girlfriend. He didn't mention anything that I like her or whatever.
    Later on I was playing a little on facebook and wrote a status that I really like a girl. And she liked the status! Then I put status to "in relationship" for a joke
    After a few days I came to her and we watched some movies. And she asked me if I got a girlfriend and told me that she would like to have a boyfriend, and that she doesn't know where to find one.

We had a party a few days after and in front of friends we were having random conversations and jokes, and it just came that way and my friend asked her what she thinks of me and she said that I'm cute.

Later on when there was New Year, I stopped at her and gave her hand and wished her for new year and I waited a little. Then she asked. "no kiss?" I was excited and of course I get her one as a friend.

Later on we went out for a drink, it was great! We talked and laughed a lot, just like I imagined it. We talked about a lot of things. She said that next time she pays, should I allow her to pay next time or be a gentleman? At the end it was epic win - she said nicely "thanks for the offer, it was nice"...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sir, you are inspiring. I wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!

You've got balls of steel.

Let her pay! When I like someone I am one for paying too. She sounds like she has her S hit together and is liberal in her ways.....good luck to you.