+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused about the ex's behaviour towards me....

confused about the ex's behaviour towards me....

breifly - boyfriend of 10 months (knew one another for year before hand) broke up with me at the very end of last acedemic year. He said he didn't feel the same anymore, didn't want to spend time with me, just basically didn't feel he loved me any more. Ofc it was hearbreaking - I loved him with all my heart, even though I'd known it was coming for some months by then... he never seemed to make an effort anymore- anyhow - he wanted to remain friends because he "still liked me as a person". So summer came and went- I sent him a message to tell him not to worry about me and that I was looking forwards to getting back to being great friends like we used to be. But when we got back to uni, it was very awkward... and still is about 5 months later! He won't talk to me, look at me in the eye or at all, acknowledge that I'm there or just even be in the same room as me sometimes. I know I ahvent done anything hurtful to him, so I just don't get it! I thought he wanted to be friends?
    Also, I have recently got a new boyfriend - who is also being given the cold shoulder now., (used to be his friend- not a close one but still in same friendship group as us). Surely he should be OK with things by now. He is the one who broke my heart- if anything shouldn't I be the one being awkward?
    what should I do? what is he thinking do u reckon?
    Anythoughts?

Tell him to go buy a bag of cement and harden the fark up, that's just stoopid treating you like that.

Maybe he's feeling guilty for dumping you, maybe he's upset about something else, maybe he's just feeling awkward around you, who knows? but either way he needs to build a bridge and get over it because that's just childish

I just can't understand the behaviour of this guy! Weird :-S

Most exes will suggest friends and without any intention of following a friendship through. They say it and to relieve some of their guilt and they think their offer of friendship wlll make the breakup easier on you.

You appear to be still in love with him and so a friendship would NEVER have worked between you two. And if you were to be honest with yourself, you'd have only wanted to remain his friend and because you'd be hoping that it would lead to you getting back together.

I also think it is unfair of you and to be with another guy and when you are NOT over your ex. Did you think and if you got a new bf, your ex would be jealous and come running back?

You are likely to be just imagining that you having a new bf is pissing your ex off and because you want your ex to be pissed off that there is a new guy in your life.

You shouldn't USE people!!
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 24-02-11 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Tell him to go buy a bag of cement and harden the fark up, that's just stoopid treating you like that.

Maybe he's feeling guilty for dumping you, maybe he's upset about something else, maybe he's just feeling awkward around you, who knows? but either way he needs to build a bridge and get over it because that's just childish
    So everyone who doesn't want to be in a certain relationship anymore is 'childish'?

Perhaps what kept him from forming a friendship, was the fact that she appears to have got involved and immediately elsewhere.

Perhaps he doesn't want to interfere and in her new relationship. He could be a guy that RESPECTS the relationships of others.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    So everyone who doesn't want to be in a certain relationship anymore is 'childish'?

Perhaps what kept him from forming a friendship, was the fact that she appears to have got involved and immediately elsewhere.

Perhaps he doesn't want to interfere and in her new relationship. He could be a guy that RESPECTS the relationships of others.
    No that's not what I said, I said his behaviour was childish. I've been in situations where I haven't wanted to be with someone and bumped into a few Months later but at lease had the decency to acknowledge them

He dumped her which is fair enough but to then 5 months later act like that, not even acknowledge someone, to make them feel awkward is totally unnecesary

If he doesn't want to be with her then fine, but to be rude about it, to deliberately go out of his way to make the situation awkward I just think is childish

Sounds to me like he's the one who's not over her
    Last edited by Horseyguy; 25-02-11 at 03:21 AM.

hello, xxaurexx.
    have u ever tried getting over someone quickly when they are there every single day? its hard- and I am on my way to being over him. My current knew what he was getting himself into- I told him I was still struggling with it all- and hes been there for me despite that.
    No i didnt think getting a new bf would make him come running back- i got involved with this guy because i genuinely like him. Not everyone is as shallow as you seem to think.
    you're right- i do still love my ex, but you can love 2 people at once- its not impossible. I am not imagining him being pissed off - because as I stated he was acting like this BEFORE i got involved with my current Bf.
    also, my involvement with my new bf came a good few months after the break up ; it was definately not immediately. My Ex broke my heart; i could barely get out of my house for the first 3 months. and actually I counted wrong- its been 7 months since the break up... I got together with my current bf 5 months after the break up- thats almost half a year. So no, it wasnt immediately.

My confusion is in that he seems to be trying to make me see that he loves being with EVERYONE these days- other than me. He acts all hyper and smiley around them, and just seems to be trying to change his character completely. He used to be a quiet introvert - hes become so much louder and is even changing his appearence to look and dress like his main group of friends. if I'm with my friends bf he'll smile as we come past... if I'm alone he wont acknowledge me at all. like i said he wont talk to me, or look at me. If I try and talk to him, just as I "hi, hows it going?" he just goes all quiet & moody/ bored looking and makes and excuse to leave. I get so angry I feel like snapping at him and telling him to grow up, but I dont want to aggrivate the situation any further.... what should I do?
    I tried sening an email about 2 months back, to tell him I'd love to be friends and that there is no need to be awkward because I dont bare a grudge... but he never replied and if anything became more awkward....
    Last edited by rescueme; 25-02-11 at 02:31 PM.