+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken Heart, Shattered Dreams

80r is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Broken Heart, Shattered Dreams

Two and a half years ago, I met a girl while I was in another relationship, an awful and awfully long one. Though it had been a terrible relationship, we dated for well over 4 years simply because we 'loved' each other. After I met the new girl, my feelings completely diverted into her, so I left the oldie and began dating the newie. Because I had been in that bad relationship for so long, I realized all the qualities in a woman I actually desired, and found every single one of them in the new girl. She was literally the materialization of my dreams.

Everything went fantastically for the first year, until she left to go to college in another state. Even then, we made it work. We never argued, we were never jealous of each other, it was all love. Then out of nowhere last week, she told me she couldn't do it anymore. I really don't know what happened. One day she said she loved me, and she couldn't wait to see me, and the next she said it was over. I didn't understand so I kept fighting and fighting for her and that turned her off further.

The thing that bugs me most is that we were perfect for each other. We were 100% compatible in every regard, and I know that compatibility is more important than 'love,' which always fades. She told me she hadn't felt the way she had in our first year; of course she didn't! No relationships are the same after the first year; there's a reason it's called the 'Honeymoon Phase'.

The fact is that any two people who are attracted to each other can fall in love; what dictates whether it's a happy healthy relationship or not, is if the two are compatible and if they trust each other, both of which we had.

I know I made some mistakes, but they're all rectifiable, and I am completely willing to fix every single one of them for her. I told her as much, but she told me it's too late. She apparently moved on already. There wasn't even a downward spiral! We were happy the last time we saw each other, merely a month ago. But last week, she had been stressed over an abundance of tests, and her broken laptop, and I feel like she took out the frustration on me... and now it's too late. I was going to move up to be with her in a measly four months, and now she won't even talk to me.

My dream girl has left me, and I am filled with regret. I've never felt so powerless.

Edit. Ugh. Reading all the other posts in here makes me more depressed. Everyone here had problems in their relationship, but they still run on and on, and yet she and I had zero, zero problems; other than the fact that she was unsatisfied with my lack of motivation in school, though I'm graduating in 2.5 months, so that's hardly a big deal. I feel like she's bound to return to me, but I was her first boyfriend; she doesn't really know how good we had it. Maybe she'll realize how good we are together, but who knows when that will be? I could be living with someone else by then.
    Last edited by 80r; 25-02-11 at 08:52 AM.