+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Becoming less ugly? (photo)

Becoming less ugly? (photo)

Hi guys,
    Well,
    Last edited by josh44; 25-04-11 at 03:18 AM.

why is there stupid "if i'm ugly" threads popping up like this nearly every week? most women dont give a damn about looks! especially the hot ones. FACT you can look like something out of the black lagoon and still get a hot girl friend.
    Hot guys will get approached yes...by usually avg to below avg girls. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    Its usually confidence, personality, money that wins hot intelligent girls over. looks only play a small part in the over all scheme of things (for a male).

Ok, I'll tell you this for a fact.

People will naturally gravity to people with charisma, natural ease, approachability and smiles/laughs.

But people will date whomever they feel chemistry with.

Both those things can be developed in a way. Keeping bodylanguage open, having a cheerful disposition regardless of things on your mind, using subtle friendly techniques such as agreeing with comments you like from them, complimenting things, showing them respect, are things you can learn to do, but not everyone will like you and that's just life, not anything you're doing wrong. Hell sometimes it's a good sign, because of jealousy.

Chemistry is impossible to fake, but you can encourage it with some light flirting. Making soft eye contact, smiling lots but not in a manic way, compliments, and body language to show interest can all help make her aware you like her.

There's always other reasons those techniques won't work. For a start, people may be taken or otherwise not looking to flirt. People may not realise you're flirting- people like me who are socially dense- or may mistake your flirting for friendliness. They may just decide that they wanna get to know you rather than straight away flirt back, or they may have other arrangements/not enough time to chat. Never take it personally or give up, just keep at it or find another way to be approachable.

p.s. I'm not gonna look at the pic, because I wouldn't be able to advise you on any tips.
    I'm 25 and Female.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    She called me one day when I was on Skype video-chatting with my sister, and I took the call... hung up the phone a few minutes later and my sister was bawling... I asked her what was wrong, and she said "You should've seen the look on your face when you looked at your phone and saw that B______was calling. Your whole face lit up."

sadie_genie Guest
    Your eyes are actually your best feature. You might want to do something about your skin though. I think it is a good thing you are planning to take care of your looks because good quality women (women who are financially independent and attractive) would expect her man to not only be successful in his career but also physically attractive. Remember to make yourself attractive in all areas. The major three areas women look for are: financial security, physical attraction, and personality (humor and charm).

Looks like Seth Rogan
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Your hair style doesn't do anything for you, in my opinion.
    Green!

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    Looks like Seth Rogan
    LoL I think that a bit too.
    As long as Im not really, really ugly. I probally just need to be a bit more confident.

One thing I can suggest - smiling. That pic does nothing for you because you look so dour. Try smiling more.

Quote Originally Posted by josh44 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Well, I fear my eyes are too slanty and it makes me look really weird, plus my nose seems a bit on the large size and is slighlty wonky due to an injury. I know you just have to basically accept the way you were born and the features you were given, but in what ways could I maybe improve my looks a little? Maybe loose weight? Grow my hair?
    The problem is, whenever I go out to a bar or club, women just seem to ignore me or not want to talk to me. Maybe I'm too shy, who knows, but what could I do to give myself a better chance? I do find that women always just ignore me

Here's a recent photo of me. Please excuse the coat lol:
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/60030795@N02/5481909810/]tweed | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/url]
    Do you not have anyone in person that you can talk to?

That hairstyle is kinda frumpy, I'd change it. Some skincare wouldn't hurt you either. Overall, you look attractive, but insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by elise4 View Post
    That hairstyle is kinda frumpy, I'd change it. Some skincare wouldn't hurt you either. Overall, you look attractive, but insecure.
    I can't really do anything with my hair as it's too curly. I to honestly try and take care of my skin, however I'm fairly spot prone.

Clear up your skin, loose some weight, and grow your hair out a little so it's kinda of shaggy...it's ok if it's curly...curly is cute! You are cute too! Always remember that looks are not everything. Just be nice and a good friend. Girls will find you....maybe not a bar or club...but they will find you.

Quote Originally Posted by josh44 View Post
    The problem is, whenever I go out to a bar or club, women just seem to ignore me or not want to talk to me. Maybe I'm too shy, who knows, but what could I do to give myself a better chance? I do find that women always just ignore me
    So do you just sit and wait for a female to acknowledge you? You'll be waiting a long time. You have to get better at talking to strangers. This is probably more important than working on your looks.

But on to your photo. I know you said to excuse the coat, but I just can't. I loathe what you're wearing in that pic. Very, very much. It doesn't look good, it doesn't match, your scarf looks like it could have been owned by my hillbilly great-grandparents, tweed coat, sweatervest, stripes with plaid, holy shit. I hope you don't normally dress that way. I'm sorry for being so mean, but your clothing choices confused and enraged me.

You're not ugly, though. Your skin looks a little unclean, apart from the blemishes. Your hairstyle could be better, and no, curly hair isn't an excuse. Go to a good stylist. Do you pluck your eyebrows? They look a bit overstyled.

Again, you're not ugly. You'd be pretty attractive if you just made a few minor adjustments, both in attitude and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    So do you just sit and wait for a female to acknowledge you? You'll be waiting a long time. You have to get better at talking to strangers. This is probably more important than working on your looks.

But on to your photo. I know you said to excuse the coat, but I just can't. I loathe what you're wearing in that pic. Very, very much. It doesn't look good, it doesn't match, your scarf looks like it could have been owned by my hillbilly great-grandparents, tweed coat, sweatervest, stripes with plaid, holy shit. I hope you don't normally dress that way. I'm sorry for being so mean, but your clothing choices confused and enraged me.

You're not ugly, though. Your skin looks a little unclean, apart from the blemishes. Your hairstyle could be better, and no, curly hair isn't an excuse. Go to a good stylist. Do you pluck your eyebrows? They look a bit overstyled.

Again, you're not ugly. You'd be pretty attractive if you just made a few minor adjustments, both in attitude and physically.
    I love my tweed coat lol. You're right though, the scarf doesn't really match.

Oh shit, what did I just see!?