+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with starting something up

Help with starting something up

I met this girl a while ago from this Indian group meeting thing that I'm a part of, its possible that i might have meet her even longer ago, but i don't remember, hopefully she might remember me. We both at least know each others names and are little familiar, and I meet her again recently and talked to her a little. I'm going to see her again soon for a few days and want to have a good long conversation with her so that she will really remember me after this next time we met, or even start something up. I need to know whats the best opportunity to start up this conversation; should I talk to her when she is not doing anything, when she's with other people that I know, or anything like that. Also how should i start up the conversation should i say "hey hows things been since the last time" or should i ask something more specific. My last question is if i should let her do most of the talking.

No one here better say that i should talk to her about Indian stuff, because that conversation is not gonna last.

Don't plan anything, because if you do it will come off that way. How good are you at holding a conversation? If you're not very good, approach her while she's around people so other people can speak and there's less focus on you; however, the drawback to that is you better talk and outshine the others or else you'll be pretty forgettable. If you've met once before, I would say "Hey (her name), how've you been?" Then take it from there.
    Always tell people exactly how you feel, at that exact moment. If the moment has passed, let us help you:
    www.HopeYouGetThis.Com

L’esprit de l’escalier

It all depends on if you want a relationship or to hookup. If you want a relationship, then just relax and let the conversation move itself. Don't try to have a script or anything ready, because you'll definitely stumble. If you just want to hookup... well that's not my area of expertise.

OK, you best bet is 1. go with the flow. don't over think when to talk to her, just chat when it feels right - but don't be afraid too!. 2. don't leach onto her all night, let her wonder off and talk to other people. 3. most importantly - enjoy yourself as this will set the best impression for you. 4. when you first meet her, ask her how she is and then act like you just remembered and ask her something specific about her life that you knew she was planning on doing last time you met or that was going on in her life. so for example 'oh, how did the exam go you were sitting' or 'oh, how is your mum now, is she feeling better?'. Obviously if it is something personal, don't do it in front of other people.

Good luck!

Just talk to her like shes one of your friends
    just be your self no script

No indian stuff lol that made my day
    i find it funny
    so how did your ancestors did the ole days
    hahahahha sorry i really find that funny