+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex contacted me after 1 month NC. What does it mean?!?!

Ex contacted me after 1 month NC. What does it mean?!?!

My ex broke up with me just over a month ago, you can see my original story here (if anyone is interested): [url]http://www.loveforum.net/ask-male-forum/50463-need-male-advice-will-he-come-back.html[/url]

We have been NC since.. I've reached a stage where I have sort of accepted he's not gonna come back, he hurt me a lot but deep down I secretly wish he would come back.

Anyway, last night he sent me a youtube link to this song. Saying nothing else.

Can anyone tell me what it means??? I feel sick and I dont know if the song means that the last time we were together was our last chance, or if he is asking for one last chance. (we have had an on/off relationship) Or maybe he just sent me the link because he likes the song. but weird considering we havent spoken in over a month!

What do you guys think? The song is called one last chance by james morrisson.
    the lyrics:

In my life I don't mean much to anyone
    I've lost my way can't go back anymore
    Once I had everything now it's gone
    Don't tell me again coz I've heard it all before

Some people say that I'm not worth it
    I've made mistakes but nobody's perfect
    Guess I'll give it a try

I've got one last chance to get myself together
    I can't lose no more time it's now or never and I try to remember who I used to be
    I've got one more chance to get myself together

The time has come for me to change again
    I can't carry on like this, I will lose my friends - don't say that you have given up on me
    Just give me the time and speace to heal my head
    Guess I'll give it a try

I can't lose no more time it's now or never and I try to remember who I used to be

I don't wanna be misunderstood
    I've got to take this chance and make it into something good

Guess I'll give it a try

I got one last chance.
    Well you know it's all I need.
    Is one last chance,

I wouldn't take notice of anything he does or says. If he wants you back, he will call and take the action necessary to come back....not send daft song lyrics and expect you to work out what he's trying to say.

He is back because you let him keep coming back.

When he gets bored of you again he will leave again.

Then come running back. (Because you let him)

Seriously? Is this how you want your life to be forever?

Maybe you need to forget about him and move on? Just a thought.

Remember: Ex's are Ex's for a reason.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

Well I asked him why he sent the song, I know I should have ignored it but I had to know...

He said he didn't know why, there was no reason, he just felt like it.

I am furious that he's just messed with my head again and got away with it! I really wanna have a go at him and call him an a*hole, and can he not see how much hes messed with me and how dare he?! How can anyone be so mean, does he not realise?!?!

I know I shouldn't, because apparently if I act indifferent it shows I don't care. But how can he get away with this?? How can he think its ok that he does this? Shouldn't I be having a go at him for doing this?!?

By saying nothing I feel like I'm saying that its ok that he treats me this way, but at the same time if I do have a go at him it will show him how hurt I am and he will think I still care and love him.

And I feel like an idiot because after he said that there was no reason for sending me the song and that he just felt like it, he asked me how I was, and I responded good.

Good??!! I feel like such an idiot! I should have said I am furious, how dare you send me a song called one last chance just because you feel like it!!

What should i do?!?

Send him a link to this on youtube [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJHoZBJYxI]YouTube - IVOR BIGGUN & THE RED NOSED BURGLARS - The Wanker song[/url]

Flow90

I think what he wanted is to"test" you. Not that he thought about it but for sure he wanted to see your reaction about it. The best thing you should have done is just IGNORE. I know you wire you asked why he sent you that so from now on just ignore. I know it isn't easy but remember HE DOES NOT KNOW you FEEL.

My ex pulled every trick in the book to get my goat, I ignored him, he kept trying for about a year to get a response from me, ANY response, but i kept ignoring him and he finally gave up and life has been good cuz I got out of it with all my pride intact. Even when I really wanted to message him back yelling at him I kept my cool. He tried to buddy up with my family members, he insulted my family, he called and left angry messages, he called and left 'pity me' messages, he emailed me he loves me, he emailed me he hates me, etc. it didnt work I kept ignoring him.

My suggestion to you, since you have a hard time ignoring even such a little thing as a youtube vid link, if you want to get out of this with no more feeling like an idiot for playing his games, then you need to BLOCK him from your messenger, erase him from your friends list, block his email, block his phone number, get rid of the crap gifts hes ever gave you and dont try to hang around him or drive by his place to see if you can catch a glimpse of him or anything like that. Your breakup is pretty fresh, the best thing you can do to shorten the pain is to disconnect from him. Dont even try to stay friends it will just make getting him out of your head harder.

HI Bloodtippedrose, I tried to send you a PM, but I still need 4 more posts to contact you personally... I hope you don't mind asking you publicly:

So you ignored the hell out of your ex, until he got mad. You broke up with him or he with you?

I should have known he was testing me, he was always testing me in the relationship! I just know he isnt good with words and because we had an off-on relationship, and because the last time we were together we said it would be the last time we tried, it really looked like to me that he was asking for 'one last chance' by sending the song. NOT that I would have given him one, or given him one that easily...

BUT I was just angry that he messed around with my head again!

Anyway I should have ignored it, but I didn't as I didn't want him to get away with messing with me again! (for the past year he's been stringing me along, breaking up with me, coming back to me, dumping me again....)
    I sent him an email having a go at him, and he replied saying i was crazy, that he wasn't asking for another chance.. that he just felt like sending me the song as it reminded him of me. I replied and told him not to treat me like an idiot, and that i wont let him treat me this way again, etc. he replied asking to call him so we can talk. But i ignored him, as I've already said everything i have to say, and all he'll do is try to brainwash me and i'll end up at square 1 again!
    If he contacts again I'll defiinitely ignore it...
    Last edited by flow90; 20-03-11 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flow90 View Post
    If he contacts again I'll defiinitely ignore it...

kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Love&Life View Post
    HI Bloodtippedrose, I tried to send you a PM, but I still need 4 more posts to contact you personally... I hope you don't mind asking you publicly:

So you ignored the hell out of your ex, until he got mad. You broke up with him or he with you?
    Feel free to ask anything to me publicly, pm's make me feel slightly more uncomfortable

We had dated a year then I moved to WA with my family. We continued dating 6 months long distance until we mutually broke up because of distance, and everything seemed well. A year later with barely any to no contact with him, I went to visit an old friend in the town and saw him and we joked around as if we were friends and it was all good but something a few days later snapped in him and he started going crazy trying to get in touch with me and sending me emails saying how much he loves me and wants me back. By now my heart was no longer into it so we sent tons of emails and a few phone calls to discuss this. He would take back things he said and say he just said it in the moment and crap and then go crazy a day later! back and forth and I kept trying to tell him no gently because we would have the same issues as before and my heart wasnt in it anymore (I sort of felt it wasnt right before). I really didnt want to hurt him because hes a nice guy who was slightly love sick. Unfortunately because of his crazy persistent attitude I had to lay out exactly why it wouldnt work out between us (not in a mean way, informative way but stuff like how our personalities clashed , he called me princess and never wanted me to work when I love working and I hate being pampered much etc.) He overrated and said fine im never talking to you again. Within the next year Id receive odd little things from him such as a voice mail seeking pity etc and I ignored it. He went through all the phases of trying to get my attention by saying things he KNEW would make me upset such as my sisters a slut and my parents, who are the nicest people in the world, are thieves or something like that. Lots of little things, he was just trying to get a reaction out of me. I read in a book and a website about these phases he'd go through and I knew what to expect and to ignore him so he can work it out, I can't remember where though I read so many 6_9 so it wasnt like I was just being a bitch after one of us broke up with the other, I had told him everything I had to say and listened to everything he had to say and thats it, him trying to get my attention by being a jerk, I know he didnt mean it and thats not him so giving in to that would have halted him from working through that phase emotionally. I ignored him not to be mean but to collect himself. Its been four years since ive dated him and now that hes collected Im willing to listen to anything he wants to talk about and he knows that, though now we've both sufficiently moved on and we have no need to really talk.