+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Attractive girl in my math course

Attractive girl in my math course

Also so just throwing out a little background information for you guys: I'm 19 years old, currently enrolled in college, about half way though the semester.

Alright, so basically I have my math course every Tuesday and Thursday and there's this one girl that has caught my attention from day one. Personally I'm very picky when it comes to girls, I couldn't tell you why, but I over think everything a lot of times because of which. From the way it looks she's also fairly interested in me, I get little signs like she's smile at me (I'll smile back of course) I'll make little jokes in class and she'll laugh even if it generally doesn't involve her, and last week we had a 4 person lab at the end of class, and I partnered up with my friend and she kinda turned around and looked at me, and I invited her over, and she happily joined. (she doesn't really have and friends in class, she generally just talks to one other girl) I'm very open, and well obnoxious at times, and I'll always make the class laugh over stupid stuff. I'm trying to lean away from the goof ball, and try to work my way into more of a date kinda thing, so we could actually get to know each other. She's always at class early, and I try my best to get there as early as possible, cause that's my main talking time with her. She also parks in the same lot as me, I just think it's kinda creepy to try to purposely set up a conversation there, at least for now. I need some advice on getting her number, and getting her on a date. We're both around 19, and she's very attractive so she has probably hear the whole can I get your number bs a million times, and I'm trying to be different. I'm thinking more of a "hey me and my friends are going to applebees (or something) this weekend, and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to bring a friend or two and come with" and then from there if she said yes I'd be like "alright lemme just get your number, and I'll fill you in on the details as the plans all come together" if she says no, I'll be like alright, and just kinda do my own thing, or change the topic. What do you guys think? I'm just having a hard time figuring out when a good time to ask her something like that would be. Cause I've only had 1 or 2 conversations with her, and neither of them were anything deep, I just figured out her major and stuff like that. I'd really appreciate any advice that you guys/girls have to offer, thanks in advance!

The whole let's all go to Applebees as a group isn't the best approach since it involves asking several people to go. If a girl likes someone, it doesn't matter how many times they have been ask for their number, they will gladly give the number. Since you and her have the same math class, you should ask her how she did in the exam or if she understand the material fully. Try to talk to her several more times to built rapport so she feels like you two are becoming friends. When you are at the stage where she says hi to you in class, you then can ask her for her phone number just in case you might miss a class and want to know what's being covered. Once you feel you two are getting closer, then suggest studying together in the library or Applebees. It's fairly common to study together in college. If you can get her to do that, then you are on your way to just asking her to go hang out. Good luck.

You should tell her, "I know my calculus, it says you + me = us".

I went to class today, and I made her laugh some more, we partnered up again. What's a good way to ask for her number though? I'm trying not to get stuck in the friend zone. Any tips?

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice, that actually helps me a lot