+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really need help...

I really need help...

this girl broke up with me and then I cried on the phone with her that night and kinda begged her, but she said no... the next day I didnt awsner her call... the next day she didnt call and I didnt call her... the next day we talked and I was at a bar and she sounded a little mad... and she told me she regreted the decision but sometimes though it was the right thing for the both of us... 3 days went by and I didnt reach out to her... so she called me...

she sounded a little nervous... I asked her if she was happy about her decision... she said... "well... I mean what do you think? as in if I though it was a good idea... and then I found out she has been asking my friend to talk to me to find out if I was sad or w.e and b/c I've been doing so good without her... according to my friend she sounded down... BUT my friend said that she though it was b/c she wanted me to be sad and depressed about it that she only wants to control my feelings... she got that only from her voice tone not b/c my ex said anything...

what do you guys think???

Why did she break up with you in the first place? Was it to hurt you? That's what it seems like here. She seems fascinated with your reaction. I mean okay maybe she didn't break up to hurt you. I believe she wants you to be sad too since she is sad and feels if you're not, then it'd mean you didn't care about the relationship anyways.

Did you two have any issues prior to this breakup? Like did you two argue a lot or find yourselves not as much in love?

we did argue, but what made it bad was that she said we have drifted apart, we never got to see each other and whatnot... we spent everyday together for 2 years and dated 1 year and a half... everything wa sperfect except for the past 4 months when we drifted apart... according to her...

What do I think?
    She's a selfish, psychopathic control freak who loves to poke you here, and there to see your reaction.

You don't need this kind of piece of shit in your life.
    Your girlfriend resents you for some reason and this is how she shows you.

Well if you two drifted apart, then this is a classic case of the girl trying to see if you really feel sad about a breakup as a means to see if you truly cared. See, if you aren't all sad about it or at least don't show it, she can go and say "oh hey you never cared about the relationship cuz if you did you'd be so broken." Yeah, I've seen that before so all I can say is the relationship is over with and you shouldn't bother paying attention to this now. I won't consider her selfish or anything like that. There's just something confusing her right now.

It seems you're doing the things right. She broke up and now she regreted that and is afraid of losing you. Keep control of your emotions and don't beg, don't call her. She's in your hands.

Since she mentioned both of you have drifted apart, it could be that she's really trying to get your attention. From her reaction, she is still interested in this relationship.

If you still care about this relationship, show your openness to be friends with her. There's no need to beg her or anything like that, but be willing to answer in friendly manner and go out together or in a group. Also, you need to do an honest assessment on what the problem was and how to best solve it if you were to come back together. Sometimes it's the little things that gets in the way, things like not complimenting her or helping out with the chores or forgetting some important dates. Most of the things can be fixed if you work on having open communication.

All the best!