+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bob" cheatd on his fiance. Help!

You being mad at him doesn't give you the right to interfere in someone elses relationship

Take it up with him if you really feel you have too, if it's bothering you that much.

I don't think it's right he's cheating on her, but really, this is their issue. I could sort of understand if you were one of her closest friends but you hardly know her, sounds to me like you want to control this for your own means

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    I don't think it's right he's cheating on her, but really, this is their issue. I could sort of understand if you were one of her closest friends but you hardly know her, sounds to me like you want to control this for your own means
    She's just 17. That's my only issue. I could've told on him 1 month back when I first found out about the cheating - but I didn't. Me and the fiance has been spending time together lately and I just feel so sorry for her. In fact, me and some other friends were hanging out with the girl and somehow the topic of cheating came up and I just couldn't just sit there listening to her 17 year old self talking about "how lucky it is that she found somebody who loves her as much as Bob does and how her ex bf cheated on her, but Bob wouldn't do it blah blah blah". So I just left the room at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by broken9 View Post
    another thing... be careful with ur friends... they are gonna tell you "RAT HIM OUT!!! THATS SOO MESSED UP" but they'll do it just so they can sit back and see that $hit go down... cuz they wouldnt do it! trust me! good luck.
    Hah yeh I know... but honestly, if I do tell, I would just remove myself from the situation. What the girl does after knowing, is her business.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    You being mad at him doesn't give you the right to interfere in someone elses relationship

Take it up with him if you really feel you have too, if it's bothering you that much.

some people have a bloody conscience and moral standards. Thats why you get people stopping a robbery or report crimes that are none of their business. He knows the girl so shes at least a normal friend and not a stranger.

Op: if you do feel bad for her. imo send her a anonymous letter or email/txt. stating the location and give her the full facts of how he cheated.leave it at that. whether she listens or not its up to her to decide. you'll have a clear conscience at least.
    the girl is in love she will marry him regardless because shes a immature 17yr old. her choices will pretty much make her end up like [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/51297-lost-hurt-need-advice-badly.html"]this chick[/URL] who got married to a cheater at the age of 16.

Trust MYOB she will believe bob first and you will still have your friendship let her find out on her own
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Seriously guys - I don't care about either of their friendship. And I can't continue being "friends" with her knowing what I know about Bob. That's just not me. So keeping their friendship would be the last thing that would prevent me from telling her.

Even though I'm a firm believe in "once a cheater, always a cheater", I get what you all are saying about why I shouldn't probably mess up a serious relationship just based on that... but if it were me in the 17 year old's shoes, I'd want to know. But anyway, thank you all very much for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthis View Post
    Seriously guys - I don't care about either of their friendship. And I can't continue being "friends" with her knowing what I know about Bob. That's just not me. So keeping their friendship would be the last thing that would prevent me from telling her.
    Then absolutely tell her. You have nothing to lose. At least you'll have tried to save a 17-year-old from making a terrible, terrible decision. Actually, if you think you can convince Bob to tell her himself, as in, "You tell her you cheated on her or I'll do it myself" then do that. He can't turn it around and say someone else is lying in that case.

Also, an update when that happens would be cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12