+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just met a girl at a School Dance, please help.

Just met a girl at a School Dance, please help.

Alright so I went to a Sadie's Hawkins dance at my school, alone.

There I was dancing with all my friends in a group, and i see a girl who I was sure was single. This girl actually is someone who is friends with all my friends, we never really talk but she's not a complete stranger, yet and i say it again, we never talked before. So i ask her to dance, and we danced!

I made conversation like asking her why we haven't talked before, said she looked great, and said it was fun. After the slow dance (we danced for about an hour, both fast and slow) I requested her phone number and she gave it to me, after that we walked different paths, and we also didn't see each other after the dance (she went home, I waited for my friends so I can drive them home).

SO, now what do I do guys? Wait a few days and call her and ask her out..? Facebook message her for her AIM so we can start talking..? Both? Help, please, I've been through this before and always screwed up.

If I do call her the next day, when should be a good time? At night?

Oh and for more information, we're both 16-17 year old asians junior in highschool haha, just incase!

please help~

Wait a few days. See, if you call right away, it'd seem a bit desperate. Don't go stalking her on fb or those things. You don't need to. You haver her number now. You could text her instead and ask if she's free to chat. Yeah, do that. Text her first. That's always the safe option.

oh just to add, like i said, we're have plenty of mutual friends and we have already been friends on facebook and everything, and, again, i just never talked to her before this dance . Should i ask soemone to confirm if she texts or not?

Stop acting so desperate. It's pathetic and it'll make you mess up this chance. Just give her a text tomorrow maybe and see how she's doing. It's not that difficult so stop making it sound like it is. She gave you her number so that right there is a step in the right direction.

ahah alright thanks bro thats the kind of talk i needed! "tomorrow" as in the next day right? i posted this thread yesterday night so im going to text her now, again thanks

Good luck with that. I hope all goes well!

yeah i texted her who i was and asked her if she had fun.

well lucky me her AIM sn is on her facebook! i made convo by saying she had it on her facebook, and that i wondered "oh no what if she didnt have text", and turns out she didnt! and so far it seems shes happy i IM'ed her

I like what I'm reading thus far. Keep it going. Don't be too forward though. Just make casual talk for now. We want to see if she could potentially be interested in you.

alright thanks for the tips is there any way i can reward you with like rank ups on this forum or something haha

I'm not here for ranks or to be famous. I'm just here to help others. That's my only purpose.

Good luck with this girl!

How can I move from this casual talk position?

You take it slow. Just talk to her casually for a while and then ask if she'd like to hang out sometime after school or on the weekend. Nothing fancy. Just maybe lunch or the mall. That's what you do.

yeah thats what I thought, worked with my past girlfriends... But my past girlfriends I did it through aim/text, we were pretty young so it seemed right, how about now? I feel phone is more mature.