+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who do I 'choose'?

Who do I 'choose'?

I'm in a bit of a predicament. There was a guy I have been talking to since the start of the year. It started being every day with mention of meeting up but it never actually happening. When we did see each other, it would be at the club that we both sometimes go to. Up until recently, he had been contacting me every day, now he doesn't as much. I assumed he obviously wasn't as interested in me as I in him, he knows I like him, he told me he liked me, I've asked him out not long ago, (round the time he stopped contacting me as much) he said maybe. I haven't initated contact with him since, always him with me.

Anyway, a few days ago, a friend of a friend asked me out, I meeting up with him tomorrow. The first guy has just text me and I don't want to be happy that he's contacting me still, because I hate dating and I'm the type of person who can only be with one person. I've been hurt in the past because of someone not being over their ex so I know how it feels, and wouldn't want to do that to someone else.

Thing is, I am more attracted to the first guy than to the guy I'll be meeting up with tomorrow, but I've waited and waited for things to progress and they haven't yet he still contacts me. The second guy, who I get on with really well but don't think I like him more than a friend, asked me out after meeting once. (However, there have been doubts cast by my friends who have told me some things about him being a bit of a ladies man)

I don't know what to do?
    Last edited by flo_22; 09-03-11 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flo_22 View Post
    I am more attracted to the first guy than to the guy I'll be meeting up with tomorrow, but I've waited and waited for things to progress and they haven't yet he still contacts me.
    So quit waiting. Make the first move yourself. It sounds to me as if he's just a bit shy.

I have, I asked him if he wanted to do something twice. First time, he needed to revise for a exam which is fair enough and second time he just said maybe then didn't contact me for two days. I took that as a no. But then he still contacts me - just not as much as he did before I asked him out. He's asked me out before but nothing ever came of it. So I don't know what he wants. Part of me thinks why should I wait around, but I'm not sure if I want to get involved with someone else because I actually really like the first guy. He hadn't contacted me for five days, the longest time he's gone with no contact, and he didn't reply to the last text I sent so I figured he lost interest/wasn't bothered. I didn't intend on meeting anyone, I've literally spoke to this second guy for about 15 mins and then he asked me out. I said yes, because I enjoy talking to him but I don't think I fancy him. And now the first guy has got back in touch, I'm at odds at what to do.

It's typical, - things like this don't usually happen to me.

You are not exclusive to anyone. Why don't you just meet both men and see how it goes? Don't pressure yourself into thinking that you have to meet just one guy when you are not exlusive to any of them. It's still very early to know if any of them is a good bf material.

I think you should be honest with the first guy and give him an ultimatum. Tell him if he's not going to ask you on a legitimate date then you don't have time to keep talking to him.