+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to speak to this girl?

How to speak to this girl?

Short story: There's this girl in our office building -- not from my office. I like her. How should I initiate a conversation with her when there's no chance for interaction?

Long story:

About me: I've never had a girlfriend, and the fact that I'm getting old is really scaring the shit out of me these days. I'm not fat, but have a little tummy, which sort of doesn't get highlighted because of my height, but nonetheless that's there and can be easily noticed if observed. Another thing to note is my confidence levels. It's not too high because I'm not that great looking guy regardless of what people ask me to think of. And I've ****ed up teeth alignment which isn't repairable.

About her: She's cute, I think. She is in the same office building, but works for a different company. We cross each other occasionally when going in and out of our own respective office rooms -- may be once in two days, we cross each other. She seldom looks at me. Even when she did a couple of times, it was very brief and she immediately looked away.

Now I kinda like this girl, and would like to talk with her and ask her out. Would you help me with your tips for this situation?

EDIT: Posted this in another forum, didn't get any response, so posting here. This website looks like a good community for guys like me.
    Last edited by harisheer; 09-03-11 at 02:10 AM.

First, don't put too much emphasis on your physical appearance. Do your best to get in shape and take good care of yourself (i.e. good hygiene, do your hair well, etc.) but remember women are primarily attract to a guy's confidence and personality. Psychologically, consider whether this is someone who YOU would like to go out with, not something you'd just be lucky to go out with. As far as talking to her, spark up a neutral conversation about something happening in that moment where you two are. Ask a question like "isn't this elevator noisy", etc. Something you would say to anyone, not just to her. This can be a nice, non-threatening way of getting to know her instead of saying "Hi, how are you, I am so and so".

Thank you, openheart. That's a nice suggestion and sound advice. I will try to strike a conversation with her in some other way instead of the creepy "Hi, I'm so and so," which is really difficult for me to do, anyway.

Confidence and self-esteem are your two biggest enemies here. I agree with openheart's suggestion about striking up a neutral conversation. But even that might be difficult if you don't know her.

Never underestimate the power of simply saying hello. Say hi to her next time you catch her eye. Just hi. No need to do a whole introduction thing. Just hello. Chances are she has noticed you as someone who works in the building as well. She will probably say hi back. Just smile and continue with your business. The next day, say hi again. Pretty soon, you will be greeting her every time you see her and she will be doing the same with you. After a while, when you say hi, you can say something like, "Hey, I see you and say hi every day and realized I don't even know your name. I'm _____." That will start up a conversation.

And then from there, it is all personality and compatibility.

Good luck!
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!