+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

I've been at my current job for about 2 1/2 years. I worked nights when i first started working there and after a year, I switched to days. There are two assistant managers, one I've always gotten along with and the other who I did my best to avoid for the first year.

When I say I avoided her, I mean I would go the opposite direction anytime I saw her coming my way. I could never explain it, I just had to get out of there. At the time she was married with a kid. Sometime last summer this new girl started working nights and probably 2 months after she started, she began dating this manager. It came as a shock in several ways, mostly because no one thought she was a lesbian (she was married.) She and her husband had been sleeping seperately for the past few years and there was no love anymore. Her gf is significantly younger than she is and at times it really does bother her.

I finally began talking to her around August of last year. I sent her a facebook message and one of her replies was "so...would it be weird if i asked for ur #? no harm in texting, right?" so we exchanged numbers and have been texting almost everyday since then.

She tells me things she doesn't even tell her best friend. Whenever she has a problem with her relationship, she comes to me. About 2 months ago she was texting me and as the conversation progressed, she said she knew how I felt about her and that it wasn't "just some wild sex thing"- she could tell.

She has sent me pictures (risque to say the least) and according to my friends, she is flirting. She has a flirty personality but it's apparent that the style of flirting she uses with me is different from the way she flirts with others. She always tells me that out of all her friends, she appreciates me the most, that she trusts me more than most of her friends.

At some point a few nights ago she said "in all honesty, you should be the one i should be dating, dont take that any bad way"

She's aware of my feelings for her, and I've made it very clear that I'm not going to act on them as long as she's in a relationship. I just can't help but think that she may have begun to develop feelings for me that are slightly deeper than friendship.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have feelings for the girlfriend of your BOSS?

Ugh. Bad idea.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Whether it's a good idea or not, if she's sending you risque pictures and saying things like that I think it's pretty safe to say she is seeing you as possibly more than a friend.

While I understand that it's a bad idea to become involved with one's boss, I can't help the way I feel. The fact that she's a manager shouldn't overshadow the fact that what I feel is a deep, honest connection. Like I said before, I have no plans to go after her while she's seeing someone else (I'm not that kind of person.)

thanks for the replies