+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Whats On This Girl's Mind?

Whats On This Girl's Mind?

Had a girl I dated for about a month. Not a long time, but things were clicking fairly well and I was kind of bummed after she called it off. She asked we could be "just friends" and I mistakenly agreed - probably to appease her since I honestly thought I would not hear from her again. Big mistake on my part I agree No guy should accept the friend's zone after being dumped but thats just me.

Forward a week I get a text saying I was sweet and her flowers were dying I sent her then another text 3 days later saying happy b-day. Oh Boy! Just what I want to hear from a girl that just "dumped" me! I email her I apologized for agreeing to the friends thing and it was probably not a good idea to contact me unless she wanted to continue the road we were going down.....not a peep from her since.

Sending me texted after the fact is kinda of a distraction to me so I guess my question is : Why would anyone continue contact after they tell that person they dont want to date them again? A test? Immaturity? Did she actually think we would be friends and hang out? Just trying to find out the psychology of it all. BTW...were talking about a late 30s women here.....
    Last edited by surfhb; 09-03-11 at 09:16 AM.

Because you are referring to a 'woman' in her late thirties and not a 'girl', I'm reckoning on her reasons for wanting to stay friends are likely to be because she genuinely likes you as a person. Just because people may not feel that 'spark' and it doesn't lead to anything more, doesn't mean they dislike you.

Maybe she is lonely in life, few friends and she likes to be able to reach out to someone.

Or maybe she is in two minds about you. She's unsure about her feelings and so she called a halt on the whole thing and to figure her feelings out. Meanwhile she wants to keep you around and for if she has a change of heart

And some men are the same....they like to be 'friends' too and after dating/a relationship is over And not for the intention of getting a booty call either.....but 'friends' only.

It's not just a 'female' thing...