+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I break up?

Should I break up?

ll try to keep this simple as my english is not so good :p
    I'm 14 years old and I've recently asked my ex girlfriend out after a year over our breakup, I've dated her for one year before and she broke up with me for a small reason that she regrets, she still loved me one year even after I told her I don't have feelings for her all this time,.

Last week I asked her out because I suddenly missed her and I felt lonely and needed a person to be with, everyday I see her with her friends and she sometimes talk to other boys and I feel left out, it was after a party and we were all walking back home then i just asked her out, she ofc accepted but after a few days I still don't love her as much as I did before and I don't know if this relationship will work out.

But if I tell her we're over, wouldnt I be a jerk for asking her out in the first place again? but in the long run it will be better than not telling her I didnt like her all along i guess. Our relationship is still private atm cos i'm still sorting out my mind.

My girlfriend atm is kinda short tempered but she respects her friends and is caring, she respects me alot since she couldn't get over me, but I just can't imagine us together again.

I have also been thinking of two other girls.. I know this is just being selfish but I'm trying to get advice from you all:

One of them is more beautiful than my current girlfriend, she is more popular and more spunky, we talk around once every two days and I don't know if shes in my league, but shes not REALLY out of my league but I might have to talk to her more often

The other one is a girl I think has a crush on me, shes not as beautiful as the other girl but her personality is one of a kind, she always tries to talk to me when theres a chance and she kept asking me about my girlfriend.

So should I break up with her before its too late and try to go for one of the two other girls? Please I really need advice asap so I can sort this out, I keep thinking about this and I've not been concentrated on alot of my work at school.

I would get advice from some friends but we are boys and we don't normally talk about love and relationships, if I ask my female friends they will be like O: cos the relationship is still private and they mite spread it.

Bonfire thanks for the reply, it seems easy to do, but a few of her friends know I am dating her and it would make me look like an ass, also she still loved me after I told her multiple times I don't have feeelings for her anymore, so I'm quite positive she would like me again even after I break up with her now, how do i tell her to stop wasting her time on me? I just want her to have a better life

Her feelings are her own to deal with. These things happen, it's just part of life......relationships come and go.

You can still be friends with her. There is no reason to completely cut her out of your life.
    The other thing is that you are 14 years old and have a long time before you need to think of serious things regarding relationships. If you like other girls, just let this girl know that you feel like you want to see other people. And that if the two of you are right for each other, it won't matter if you are dating now or in 5 years or in 10 years. If you are meant to be together, it will happen. But for now you want to make sure you are doing the right things for you and for her.
    You could also say that you don't want to be in any relationship right now. That way she won't feel like it is because you don't care about her, just that you want to be single.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    You could also say that you don't want to be in any relationship right now. That way she won't feel like it is because you don't care about her, just that you want to be single.
    I can't agree with this one part of your advice. I was told something like that once, and it only made me feel lied to when she started a relationship with another guy. At age 14, 8th or 9th grade, things will certainly spread around and she will be hurt and angry when news of his new relationship gets around.