View Poll Results: What should I do?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell her to get unengaged and marry me?

2 100.00%
  • Just be her friend and let her get married?

0 0%
  • Just keep loving her and treating her with love and hope that she changes her mind

0 0%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: inlove with an engaged girl....help

inlove with an engaged girl....help

Hey,

I met this girl about four months ago. We were going to the same college. She came to the student organization i am president of and I thought she was really cute. The next week I asked her to go to a movie and she said yes. SHe had a boyfriend at the time and she thought that I knew that. She thought I was just wanting to be her friend. Well we had an awesome time at the date and since then we have become super close friends. For the past four months we've spent tons and tons of time together. I never told her that I liked her. A lot of my friends thought we were going out but i had to tell them we were just friends and that she had a boyfriend. Well about two weeks ago he proposed to her and she said yes. Since then my heart has been in the dumps. I tried to play it off though. But then she graduated this week. This past friday was her last day here and then she is moving to North Carolina. Her fiance will move down there after christmas. Well since it was her last week here, her and I spent everyday together. And every night I dreamed about her. Well thursday night, out of the blue she told me that she has been having dreams about me. Dreams where we kiss and hold hands and get married and stuff. It really shocked me. She said it was probably just a freudian slip. But then I got to thinking...doesnt that mean she really secretly wishes that they were true. So thursday night I told her that Ive liked her since the beginning. We spent that whole night just crying and telling each other we loved each other. She told me that she wished that I would have told her earlier. But yesterday she left. I cried all day and Im so bummed. She called me when she got there and then she called me again last night. We talked about the whole situation. She put it in an metaphor. She said its like when you go to a restuarant and you order pasta. You like the pasta and you always get the pasta and so you go ahead and order it. But then you see the lasagna. You want it but you dont know if it wants you to eat it. When you find out it wants you to eat it...it may be too late cause you already ordered the pasta. So I feel like im stuck between a rock and a hardplace. I really really love her. I want the best for her. I miss her like crazy and I want to talk to her everysecond of the day. But I dont want to be selfish. I dont want to have a self seeking love for her. I just want her to be happy. Deep inside I just want to tell her to call off the engagment and marry me instead. He's not a bad guy but they just dont seem to go together. I just dont know what to do. I just could use some cheering up. And some advice.

Thanks
    Last edited by thehero; 12-12-04 at 04:09 AM.

anyone got any advice

Yeh, I have had the same problem too. But guess what? The guy she was engaged to was a real "d!ck" and they just broke up about 2 months ago. And she is the girl I am talking about in my other threads. But now, life and our friendship seems to be coming to a cosclusion where we might not be talking much anymore like we use to. And you can't force love. In your situation, you can try to stop this, but sometimes there is a purpose in hope. But your probably gonna have to hope that she makes the decision. What you can do is try to contact her and make her laugh. Make her feel as if your gonna miss her and try to hint to her what you want. If love is calculated according to what you both had, she has to decline the marriage and come back to you. Only hope can value your heart.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

yeh i know what your saying about hope. Its just hard to hope and have faith that it will work out. Im a pro-active guy so I really just want to get in my car and show up at her doorstep. But I know it would be so much better if I just made her laugh and feel loved. Then she could make the decision. Thanks for the kind words.