+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling in love again, i really don't want to ?

Falling in love again, i really don't want to ?

Ok, so i'm only young (21).

I've had 2 main relationships, which during the relationship was amazing and loved it, but after the 2 break ups i always ask myself if its worth it, as it puts me through so much pain and misery.

I've met a new girl now, and i'm starting to like her, we've met up a few times, stayed at eachothers houses etc. and i'm really starting to like her. I have lots of fun with her when im with her and she's a really really nice girl.

Yet i tell myself all that pain again is the last thing i want! but i can't seem to unnattach myself from the girl now :/

Overall, do you think it's best for me if i go through with this girl and see what happens. Or do the hardest thing and back off. am i being unfair on her if deep deep down i dont want the baggage of a relationship!?

The question is, have you gone too deep in this new relationship to cut if off easily. If you 2 haven't had sex yet, then it's easy to just say good bye.
    If you slept with the girl, and then just started liking her, you are a cruel man. You are basically leading her on even though you are not even considering
    a committed relationship.

Yes, is the answer.

Don't get me wrong, shes such a nice girl, makes me laugh, really nice, and her personality is up their with the best i know. And i like her.

Few days after my OP, since, she has told me to face she really really likes me, i don't know how to deal with it, like i say, i do really like her too.
    But we are going the exact right way for a relationship, it's just, we have LOTS of mutuals, and if if/when we get to that stage, IMO, an almost inevitable end is going to make things awkward for the both of us, and a lot of other people.

This is why i question myself on whether i want the relationship, i can only see the terrible shit that lays at the end, not the amazing times i should be looking forward too :/

You're probably going to have these feelings at the start of any relationship from the sound of things, but you really can't be so negative. If you're 99% sure this one isn't going to work, then sure, don't go there, but if you think it has a chance then be more positive about it. If you keep killing relationships before they start, you'll just end up alone. Take the risk, eventually it will pay off. The whole 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all' quotation is famous for a reason.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 14-03-11 at 03:20 AM.

some risks are worth taking<3

sadie_genie Guest
    You would just have to face it with courage. I would assume you can't help but be attracted to the opposite sex. Trust in yourself that you can handle it even if things don't work out.

Guess you guys are right, however my last girlfriend, we had about 20 minutes distance between us, splitting up was so hard, but if i do end up with this new girl, and it goes bad, it's going to be 10x worse, i know it.

But i guess i can't be thinking this everytime i meet a girl, and you are right, i'm just worried about how it could turn out, that's all.

You are young, you could jus casually date and not be in a serious relationship?