+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken an considering something drastic

Broken an considering something drastic

Im 20 and was with a girl for 5 months. We were happy and in love until 3 weeks ago when we broke up. We managed to sort that out and get back together within 3 days. But yesterday 3 weeks later she told me things just arent the same and she wants to end it again. She was very harsh and cold towards me this time. I have a bad history of depression and have been suicidal until i got with her. Now im broken hearted alone and trying desperately to find reasons to live. I know this wont last forever but its while i do feel like this that i need the help. Any advice from anyone would be so so appreciated

You're right about one thing... it won't last! You WILL get over it. Right now i'm sure you feel like your stomach is in knotts, you can't eat or sleep, but the one plus you have is you're not in limbo. It's over, and every second from now takes you further away.

You really need your friends around you at a time like this and distractions. Go out with them alot, keep yourself busy, be as sociable as possible, get rid of anything that reminds you of her.
    In the past this is how i delt with it, totally cut contact and rebuild your life.

It is not easy, it's a test of mental strength but read through this forum and it'll make you feel better that you're not alone, people have been through much worse and it does get better

The other thing I would add is if you have a history of suicidal thoughts, and you fear these may recur, then seek help immediately. I know every country is different but I'm sure there are resources available. Don't hesitate. I understand the pain, like others I am suffering right now. But always remember the most important person in your life is you. Take care of yourself first and foremost. If you are in danger, please seek help.

Mate. I was with my girl for 1.5 years, we've been broke up for 4 months and I was deverstated. But then you realise the people who really matterinypur life, my family and friends were awesome to me and if it wasn't for them I think suicide would have been on the cards. I'm not saying I'm over my ex, I'm far from it but as time goes by I think some days get better. It's not going to work out with this girl so help yourself and love the people who are good to you at the moment. I hope this helps and it does help.