+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She breaks my heart!

She breaks my heart!

I was having a party over at my place few weeks ago and this girl showed up along with a female friend of mine.
    First I wasn't paying her much attention until later and we started having pleasant and flirty conversation, dancing and all.. Without going through details we got along very nicely and she ended up spending the night over and we had great time.
    Next day we spent the whole day together and then she left home.

This girl happens to live 40% of the time in the same city as mine while working from Monday to Thursday in a different city (200miles away) where she stays at her sister's.

The weekend after she joined me again and spent the whole weekend with me at my place and left again on Sunday to her place.
    I confessed to her that I really like her. She admitted that she likes me a lot too, but she doesn't want to rush into the next relation as she has too much going on in her life.. We exchanged a couple of sms during the week after but we haven't met.. In the meantime she didn't respond to one of my SMS and wrote to me a PM on facebook saying the following :

Sorry That i haven't been in contact but I had a stressy week. I don't know how I should tell you, but between us is momentarily too much. I am currently in a phase where I am going through a lot, need to transform my professional life, starting with further studies.
    Anyhow, between us is currently not possible to have a second person in my life who I can build up with and I have the feeling that you want more from me than i can give. I notice that it stresses me, even though it is not your fault but mine, as I get the feeling of getting constricted too fast.
    I am really sorry and don't want to be bad because you are very very nice but I cannot at the moment.
    Hope you can understand and are not upset. Kisses....

I didn't waste time after that message and picked up the phone to speak to her and took it lightly and had a long conversation with her, saying that I am sorry if I put pressure on her or gave her the feeling of doing so as it wasn't my intention. I really don't want to stress you but I was straight forward and admitted that I really do like you and maybe I shouldn't have done so, but instead played with you the hard to get games.. and we started having a laugh...
    I also mentioned to her that the fact is that I do like her but don't have the intention of stressing her, as I understand what she is going through, instead, I want to be supportive and understanding.. I suggested we continue keeping in contact and meeting (if possible) without any expectations and see where things go without any promises... She agreed more or less.. Last week she had to stay away with her sister at the other city where she works and is supposed to return on coming weekend to her place (same city where I live) I have never been in such a situation before to be honest, and she confuses me now with if I should write to her or not.. should I stay in touch or should I give her space and make her feel that I am away ??
    I don't usually open to many girls that easily and this one I obviously fell for and didn't hide it from her.. I am a bit straight forward when it comes to matter of the heart, after all I am in my late 30's.. so what is the idea of wasting time..

I would love to hear what you people think or what kind of advise you have to give...

Thanks for your input.. Regards from Austria

Well I would just back off and wait for her to contact you, but in the meantime keep your options open to other women. Do not put your life on hold for this person. The more you ignore her the more likely she will contact you. So give her her space and kool your feelings for her.

Thanks for you reply Smackie! I thought this is what I should do, but on the other hand couldn't she misinterpret this as not caring about her anymore?