+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need help getting an ex back

need help getting an ex back

My ex and I broke up just recently. We had 1 year and 8 month relationship, and this relationship was a probably the best one I had in all my life. During the last 8 months or so, we slowly drifted apart. She was having a financial problem with finding a stable job, and I was just too stressed at work and wanted to relax.

Now that we have broken up, I realize this is my fault. I haven’t been the best boyfriend available for her. She must feel so alone and unloved at times during the time of stress. This break up has made me feel so much pain and guilty about her stress during our relationship.

I’m wondering if there are any chances for us to get back together. I have already sent a short email on how I feel about this relationship, but she has not reply to this email for a week now. Is there any other things that I can do to get my ex back? btw I'm 27 working as a manager in a bank and she's 24 unemployed.

Thanks for reading my problems and any advice that you might have.
    Last edited by raidenfx; 17-03-11 at 12:54 AM. Reason: more information

I have no advice, but i know how you feel.

8 months of drifting apart, in that time her feelings could have completely changed. You've done the right thing of no contact, and just sending her an email explaining. I think now the ball is in her court to decide if she contacts you or not. You need to prepare yourself though that it may be too little to late, and things cannot be salvaged.

Yeah I know. Just this morning my mind has finally cleared out, and I have realized that it is not good to stay in the past, while she has moved on. If it is our fate to cross path again, then so be it. For the time been, it would be the best for me to move on, and see what’s out there.
    Besides there are so many things that I have been neglected during my time with her, student loans, advance educations (MBA) and others. Now it is definitely a good time to focus on those.
    Thanks for the advice, everyone.
    Last edited by raidenfx; 18-03-11 at 08:22 AM.

update-

during the past few days, i have emailed 2 of her friends for advice. neither of them replied. and yesterday, i left her one final message of wanting to talk.
    today, she txted me, saying that she wishes to have a chat and asks me to stop contacting her friends.

What should i do? i'm very nervous right now. i don't know if i should be happy, or sad. please help

update-

one of the girl who is really close to her just messaged me back with "**** off" and leave her alone (my ex) all over the message. I guess i shouldn't be expecting anything tonight. just going to chat little like a friend at most. probably not even.
    Last edited by raidenfx; 18-03-11 at 01:10 AM.

That was foolish, your first email was spot on and you should have left it at that! This won't end well.

Update-

Actually it wasn't all that bad.
    At the beginning she’s really pissed off, and wants to hang up right away. Before she can do that, I explained myself. Eventually I just let my confidence take over and chat like what we normally do. I even accidentally throw in a few sweeties here or there, and even made her laugh.

We might not be in relationship terms yet, but I think it is definitely a good start. Now I need to wait at least 3-4 weeks before my next move. If the psychology books are correct, then this period of break will make her thinks of me. Hey who knows.

I know it is going to be hard to hold back on contact. But for the love of my life, I’m willing to try anything to bring her back to me.

In mean time, it is time to enjoy myself and start dating/seeing strangers again. =D
    Last edited by raidenfx; 18-03-11 at 08:24 AM.

Good save! Now this time stick to the no contact. I hope it works for you, but you've got the right attitude - getting on with your life.