+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the MSM isn't telling about Japan

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hi everyone,

Don't read the mass media. They aren't experts and are fear-mongering. Yes, its bad. Yes, we will ALL get an increased radiation dose, proportional to our distance from Japan and the prevailing winds (those of us on the NA West Coast will get a bit more than Urp).

Japan needs HELP. Instead of focussing on the news, make a donation:
    [url=http://www.ifrc.org/]IFRC.org - IFRC[/url]
    [url=http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=2372&tid=032]Current Appeals- Canadian Red Cross[/url]
    [url=http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.1a019a978f421296e81ec89e43181aa0/?vgnextoid=7c521079115ce210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCR D]Response to Japan Earthquake Continues[/url]

If you insist on following the news, here are the most reputable sources/opinions I can recommend:
    [url=http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/]World Nuclear News[/url]
    [url=http://mitnse.com/]MIT NSE Nuclear Information Hub (http://web.mit.edu/nse/) | Information about the incident at the Fukushima Nuclear Plants in Japan hosted by http://web.mit.edu/nse/ :: Maintained by the students of the Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering a[/url]

And no, I'm not back but I thought I would check and see what the forum was saying about this. Take care, stay *rational*.

- Indi
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    Yes we DO have an idea how bad things are going to get.
    Really?

I'm so glad some random internet dude is so much more knowledgeable than the nuclear scientists over there. I know I will sleep better tonight.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :d :d :d

Edit: Oh no Indi come back :/
    I wazzzz here

Fact is we're all the same world and same ecosystem so its not something japan has to deal with, its something that affects us all and earths future.
    damn that sounded gay

I dont claim to know nearly shit about the long term effects of radiation but I know Ive looked at thousands of pictures of the damage and bodies and I am sick with empathy. It doesn't matter how much the media is showing or is not showing, losing your loved ones to a natural disaster is hard to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Selfless, with you I don't feel like discussing anything, not even a weather . Your irritating behaviour is more lethal for me than the biggest radioactive explosion that's ever going to happen. Keep on irritating others Btw, when you see me replying , don't you even think I'm reffering to anything you write , I just don't give a damn
    It's the weather, not "a weather."
    My behavior is what you wish you could be like!

Your ignorance knows no limits.
    Your anger and bitterness for those of whom you disagree with shows even further emotional compromise because it seems you've never
    been put in your place.

The facts are indisputable.
    Your opinions, however remain baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Really?

I'm so glad some random internet dude is so much more knowledgeable than the nuclear scientists over there. I know I will sleep better tonight.
    See, this type of ignorance is exactly why the world is such a shitty place to live in.

If you actually had ANY sort of original thought (and didn't rely on the MSM for your news) you might actually learn something of substance.

Some random internet dude?

Jesus F ing Christ lady! Really?

Their own nuclear safety management agency said:

"Hidehiko Nishiyama, an official with Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, said officials did not know what was burning Monday in the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant reactor No. 3. He said the smoke was coming from the building's southeastern side, where the reactor's spent ...nuclear fuel pool is located."

Can you do the math? Or do they have to spell it out in chalk for you to understand what he just said?

Sad. Enjoy your radiation and censored news.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Would've been fun though, seeing as none of his 'points' actually respond to the argument at all.

Considered illustrating how, but way too lazy.
    Why are you so jealous of me? I just have to know.

Your sideline crap is of no worth/substance.

Do you have an opinion of your own?
    Or do you need a search button in order to arrive at one? Legitimately curious.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    See, this type of ignorance is exactly why the world is such a shitty place to live in.

If you actually had ANY sort of original thought (and didn't rely on the MSM for your news) you might actually learn something of substance.
    I don't claim to be an expert on nuclear safety; I only know what happened with Chernobyl. And for the record, I am not opposed to nuclear power. Still, it will be a cold day in hell before I take the word of some random internet dude with absolutely no credentials (even less than the media!) about what is going on in Japan.

Indi, on the other hand, actually HAS credentials, and her opinion weighs much more heavily, so be jealous.

And by the way, you might want to talk to someone about your anger issues.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is a serious possibility a nuclear chain event will be set off in Earth's upper atmosphere and life as we know it will cease to exist. What we face here is an extinction level event which only the dinosaurs have known

Why are you so jealous of me? I just have to know.

Your sideline crap is of no worth/substance.

Do you have an opinion of your own?
    Or do you need a search button in order to arrive at one? Legitimately curious.
    My amusement, however brief, makes it of sufficient worth to me. Your crap, on the other hand, does not.

Scroll up, look at Indi's post, learn from her how to form, express and support claims, and try again.
    'til then, cheerio.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Fact is we're all the same world and same ecosystem so its not something japan has to deal with, its something that affects us all and earths future.
    damn that sounded gay

I dont claim to know nearly shit about the long term effects of radiation but I know Ive looked at thousands of pictures of the damage and bodies and I am sick with empathy. It doesn't matter how much the media is showing or is not showing, losing your loved ones to a natural disaster is hard to live with.
    What you seem to be missing is that I'm not fear mongering here.
    What I AM doing is called awareness.

So YES, it does matter that I post this and tell people the news outlets are lying:
    because Japan's Government is (as is TEPCO) responsible for lying about how bad the fallout was and now is.

Meaning people NEED to know so they can evacuate, not stay because their own gov't is LYING to their own people.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert on nuclear safety; I only know what happened with Chernobyl. And for the record, I am not opposed to nuclear power. Still, it will be a cold day in hell before I take the word of some random internet dude with absolutely no credentials (even less than the media!) about what is going on in Japan.

Indi, on the other hand, actually HAS credentials, and her opinion weighs much more heavily, so be jealous.

And by the way, you might want to talk to someone about your anger issues.

Why would I be jealous? lol at that! Yeah, I'm so hurt people thanked her post over mine!
    Because that is what I live for: getting meaningless thanks from an internet forum from bias people. Sure, k!

I know the truth: you don't. Being in the medical field I'm shocked at your ignorance.
    I'm sure those vaccines you administer are so very good for people too right?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this thread is hysterical.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

My amusement, however brief, makes it of sufficient worth to me. Your crap, on the other hand, does not.

Scroll up, look at Indi's post, learn from her how to form, express and support claims, and try again.
    'til then, cheerio.

See, this is why you fail.
    My post wasn't to get "thank yous" nor to be patted on the back.

The facts are: the MSM is lying to the public.
    And since you have never liked me: can you do the math here and tell me why you don't "like" my informed post?

BIAS. That's what. I truly couldn't care less what happens to you. Just trying to help those who have family where
    the fallout (as of now has traveled) it will envelop the globe once more reactors melt down and...they will.

It's time to get your head out of your a$$ and start thinking.

My post has everything to do with awareness.
    It has nothing to do with "points"

My crap? You couldn't refute ANY of my FACTS I've ever posted and I suspect it's because YOU:

hate the fact I've profiled you in one or more posts whereby identifying the root cause(s) of relationship failure: exemplified
    your refusal to take responsibility for things you've done. So you MUST be compelled to hate me. I luv it.

It proves my point. Now smile and breathe that irradiated air. When cancer is on your list: don't attribute it to this disaster.

It's "hereditary" just ask Vashti.

Would've been fun though, seeing as none of his 'points' actually respond to the argument at all.

Considered illustrating how, but way too lazy.

In other words: Translation: You're a coward. Thanks but I already knew that about you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast