+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Now here is a first...

Now here is a first...

Hi,

So I really liked this guy and I started messaging him and asked him to hang out. He told me he wasn't looking for a girlfriend but that he wanted to fool around with me. I told him I didn't think it was a good idea but he assured me it would not be awkward after. We hung out and fooled around and he was the one to start messaging me after to see if I wanted to go for coffee. We hung out quite a bit and then I had to leave for a while to go back to school. I came back and tried to hang out with him again and we did...but he acted as if he didn't want me to touch him. I later asked him what was up and he said he no longer feels comfortable messing around with me. He said he wants to be friends but when we hang out we should just do "friend" things. I have never felt like a bigger idiot in my entire life. Why wouild he do this? I asked him but he keeps telling me doesn't know... He did make out with me last time so he can't be with someone...right? Help...I have never had to deal with this before.

Well, I'm sure I know why he's doing this but that's not what you should be concerned with. You need to figure out why you would do something, willing might I add, that you are uncomfortable doing. He didn't twist your wrist to get you to fool around with him. It was very clear what he was after, he got it, and now he's done with you. FYI, when a guy tells you he "just wants to mess around" before he even attempts to get to know you, do not pass go!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe he IS seeing someone else. I wouldn't take him 'making out with you the last time' a sign that he's not seeing someone.

I'd say stop wasting time and energy on this guy.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD! This happened to me a few weeks ago, although we were actually dating and everything was great until she left and then came back. STONE COLD. Didn't even tell me she was back in town, just acted like 2 months of dating never existed. And I was guilty of no such dating treasons. I would offer advice, but you should be able to figure this out since you girls do this as standard procedure to guys everyday.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

hmm this sounds like

1. IncognitoSir is right, got what he wants and is now done with you...
    or
    2. He discovered he actually likes you and feels wrong just using you and now wants to be friends to get to know you
    or
    3. Is seeing somebody else and feels bad messing around on them, so instead saying goodbye to you, says he wants to be friends.

Given supersonicmoose's three options above, I would have to say that it is most likely #1. I know that is not what you would like to hear, but it seems to be the most likely. I would forget about this guy and move on to find someone more worthy of your time.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Too bad he was not honest with you. He probably didn't like what he got out of you.

And I go with #1 too. This guy really stinks bouts going with his game.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

If he was in to you, he would have never said the 'I don't want you as a girl friend, I just want to mess around with you'. He must have been stone cold agaisnt ever having a relationship with you, because no sane guy would say that and expect the girl to consider him as potential bf material. Hard to take that comment back. And most girls with any self respect would have told him to eff off.

It is weird that he wants to hang out with you as friends, but my opinion is for whatever reason , he is tired of 'messing around' with you. And my other guess is when you say 'messing around' you mean you didnt' actually eff him. That would explain a lot.