+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Told a guy I like him and he said...nothing. What should I do?

Told a guy I like him and he said...nothing. What should I do?

Hello everyone.
    Here's my long and dull story.
    I have a huge crush on a guy from my univeristy and who also lives in my dormitory. In January I asked him to tutor me in a subject I have problems with, he agreed and has been tutoring me for 1.5 months, twice a week for 2 hours. There were lots of signs that he likes me. He's shy and closed, but still tried to make conversation, learn things about me (mutual friends confirm it's not typical for him), he often blushed when I was around. But more importantly, he often "accidentaly" touched me during our lessons. One time he even kept his leg pressed against mine for 10 minutes straight.
    On February 14th I went to his room to return a book, congratulated him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He turned red and was visibly pleased. After that he became more relaxed during our lessons, touched me more often. I gave him another kiss and a long hug on February 23rd, which is Men's day in Russia. Again, there was no sign of displeasure and he went on with his touches.
    Everything was going great, but we were running out of studying material. On February 26 in the end of the lesson I asked him what we were going to do then. He said "If there are no problems, I don't see a point in further lessons. I think you are capable of studying on your own." So I summoned all my courage and said "Well, I may have been able to study on my own from the start, but I asked you because I like you."
    And he said, without a second of hesitation, "I understand". And then "It's so brave of you to say something like that, I respect this" I was shocked to hear this. So I said "well uh..see you in the university then" and he left. After that we briefly talked a few times like nothing happened, I borrowed a book from him for an exam.. I had a talk with our mutual friend, who is his best friend, and learned that the guy still has feelings for a girl from his hometown. But she lives in another city and is currently dating another guy! I don't get it. He told his best friend nothing about me (at least that's what the friend said)
    I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing him anymore so I went and casually asked to resume our lessons. He instanly agreed, I didn't even finish the sentence. So we had one lesson since then, on which nothing extraordinary happened, except he started to look at me more frequently than before. Next lesson is on Wednesday.

So, to those who were able to finish this boring story: what should I do? I believe he has some feelings for me, but has been holding on to that girl for 2 years or so. Can it be that he is just confused?

I'm sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes I might've made, English is not my native language. And sorry again for making the story so long. Looking forward to your replies!
    Last edited by Metaphors; 20-03-11 at 04:22 PM.

You need to let him persue you. Keep the flirting going but don't ask him out. It sounds like he likes you but isn't fully over this other girl.
    Keep having fun and talking to him, if he likes you you'll find his attention will start to move from her to you.

Basically, you have to play the game to get this guy.

Let his heart find his way. What you have to do is give him more love and attention. Don’t push him to show his love, let it’s showed by him selves. This love has been there and you need keep and make it grow more and more by always make him happy with you and by being a person who understand and support him. Good luck

I think it'd be a tremendous mistake to sit back and wait. Ask him out. It doesn't have to be a big romantic date or anything, ask him out for coffee, or a movie.

yeah, that's kind of a problem..He doesn't go anywhere except for the university. Seriously. He has a couple of friends, with whom he hangs out in the university and that's it. He's extraordinary reserved. Even his best friend told me "sometimes I don't get him"