+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is ppl's opinions on this relationship?

what is ppl's opinions on this relationship?

Ok... I have been with my boyfriend for a few years. And I can honestly say he is the best thing that has ever happened to me, he is also my first boyfriend and I also lost my virginity with him.... we have spent the last few years together without much space, we have the same friends with a few exceptions and we now officially live together. We have genernally been very happy together, I feel like I'm pretty much settled down which means no other experiances and I will never live out my lesbian fantasies either... but thats ok, because he means the world to me... but I'm worried... in the last year our sex life has pretty much fizzled out, and even though I still find him hot, I am not attracted to him like I once was, I have also kissed another guy twice (which I told and we worked on it) and plus I have had 2 crushes in the last 8 months, and yh I know thats normal but I have thought about one of the guys a LOT! and I wouldn't ever leave my BF for him (and even if I did, there would be no point as this guy is married) I just don't know whats wrong with me... happy relationship despite hardly any sex, but looking elsewhere :s I want to work on my relationship but I just don't know whats going on in my head.

You said it yourself, you have settled down. And all too often, for a lot of couples, settling down means settling in. Settling in to routine. Settling in to expectations. Etc.

Try to liven things up with your boyfriend a little bit perhaps. Go on dates with him out to places you two have never been. Play games while out on the town (have him try pick up lines on you at a bar, for instance). As far as sex goes, maybe try a little role play. And if you have lesbian fantasies, I wouldn't be surprised if your boyfriend was cool with letting you try it, especially if he were there for it.

Don't worry too much about the other crushes and things. You boyfriend has probably had a few as well. Things we can't have always look better to us. But only in the short term.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!