+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Giving a note ?

Giving a note ?

ok, there is a girl i really like and i know she did like me aswell but not sure now. ive tried to get talking to her but it just seems impossible. she works in a shop but seems to be always mid conversation with someone else whenever i am in there, or she is busy and i just cant get a chance to talk to her. do you think its okay to drop her a little note with my name and number ? if she likes me, she can text me sometime... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Digit02 View Post
    do you think its okay to drop her a little note with my name and number ?
    Mmm nope. Not really. Don't do it.

Some problems with giving a note:

- It's unlikely that she will take it upon herself to contact someone who nervously handed her a slip of paper.

- It kind of paints you as a weak man right off the bat. There are better (more confident) ways to approach a girl.

Strike up a conversation with her and give her a reason to want to call you or go on a date. Be confident, charming, and funny. If you don't know how to be those things, then Google it because I can't help you with that. I possess none of those traits.

No. Don't give her a note, it's a loser move.

Go to the shop. Wait until she's done with her conversation and start a conversation. If you have no reason to hang around the shop until then, make one.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Concur with the above posters. Dropping off a note with your name and number is a guaranteed to fail. You will look weak and a loser. If only picking up was that easy.

You need to talk to her.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I work at a store. And a guy would come in ALOT and strike up convo with me. I knew he was interested. He finally asked me for my number and I gave it to him. He is really a nice guy, and we talked alot when he came in. I appreciated the fact that he made the effort to talk to me. Our first convo on the phone lasted 6 hours. LOL I think that is the longest conversation I have ever had. Wasn't surprised though, he has always been easy to talk to. Now, to answer your question, if he did it the way you describe, with just handing me a piece of paper, I would probably not have called him. He did it in the right manner. Came in a few times, struck up a convo each time, and waited for the right moment to ask for my number. It's better that way, because you can feel the person out a bit. Anyhow, that is my suggestion. Good luck!

problem is that i have no problem talking to people i know but people i dont know i find it hard to do it. a while back she gave me the eyes, a long stare, i knew she was interested. i completely fell for her but of course i hesitated too long. i really dont know what to do. if she really likes me, i can drop a note in with the cash, and she can text me and then meet up. i wish it was as simple as that...

Just buy something from the shop and she`ll be busy...with you. You`ll have the opportunity to ask her out or something. Choose to buy something that will show her you bought it in purpose, just to be able to say her something. Girls fall for that.