+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Showing too much interest

Showing too much interest

I just know a guy recently and I know he is interested. But I never got the chance to ask him too questions about him. Now, if I show too much interest by asking him too many questions, will I scare him away? Am I showing him that I am thinking about him and want to know more about him? Will it boost his ego and make mysekf too available?

No you won't scare him away, just put yourself in the other shoes. If you like someone, would you run away after you find out they felt the same or more? Of course not. Don't worry too much about making mistakes, dating would be unpleasant if you do, just be yourself because that's who he is interested in the first place.

I can't imagine how showing interest would scare a guy away. Especially since he is interested in you already. Whether asking the questions will make you appear interested or not will depend on the situation and the way you ask them.

Then again everybody is different and I've heard stories of guys who prefer to pursue unattainable women. I have never met such a guy though and I don't understand their way of thinking.

The only way you will really know someone is to talk to them. Ask questions, communicate, be honest about how you feel.

If the guy likes you, I seriously doubt he will have a problem with it. If he is not that interested, he still probably won't have a problem with it. One thing that is common among most people is that they like being liked.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

But after almost 2 months of no contact and suddenly I asked him personal questions, it seems that I am still interested in him and thinking of him. That I don't want to expose too much of myself to him yet. That's why I am still struggling to ask him too many questions right now.

And why he did not ring me back? I am not too happy with the fact that I have to initiate the contact and push him along with communication while last time he said he will ring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    And why he did not ring me back? I am not too happy with the fact that I have to initiate the contact and push him along with communication while last time he said he will ring me back.
    If he hasn't contacted you in two months even though he had said that he will call you, makes me wonder if he really is interested in you afterall. Don't worry though, that interest can be (re)sparked.

Considering the 2 months of no contact, I would keep the initial questions to the minimum. A good question might be "Are you available" or similar. Keep the rest for a date. I don't know if it would matter much to him when you ask your questions now or later, but it might feel less intimidating that way.

Why are people such pussies these days about relationships and dating?

"Oh, I don't wanna scare him/her away."
    "Gotta wait three days. That's the rule! Can't look desperate..."

As long as you're not professing your undying love or calling him like 12,000 times, you should be all right. If you scare him away, then find someone who likes the spooky shit.