+ Follow This Topic

Thread: boyfriend problems :/

boyfriend problems :/

so my boyfriend and i will be together 11 months on thursday. a few days ago he told me that a mutual friend of ours wanted him and her to hang out just the two of them. this morning he didn't want to take me to school so he could sit at home and text her all day. and later this afternoon he told me that she wants to hang out with him thursday(our anniversary) while i'm at school. as many girlfriends would be in my position PISSED! i can't believe he had the balls to ask me such a thing. and he expects me to be ok with it. idk what to do. i thought about letting them hang out just to see if he'd tell me if anything happened because he's had a few **** ups in the past but told me about them. someone help me!! i'm desperate for anwers!!

Thanks for reading,
    Sadybug

I think you should let him go out with her, but have your plans for that day too. Ask out a male friend, for instance, tell your boyfriend about it and ask for his opinion. He should realize then that he's hurting you by hangin` out with the other girl.

Well, why does it matter? You know it's not passed him to hook up with other girls, and it seems you're okay with it so why get upset? You should just accept it as part of your relationship and stick by his side no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by shinygrey View Post
    I think you should let him go out with her, but have your plans for that day too. Ask out a male friend, for instance, tell your boyfriend about it and ask for his opinion. He should realize then that he's hurting you by hangin` out with the other girl.
    I disagree, playing mind games will not help the situation. If your boyfriend has had a few f-ups in the past why would he think its ok to hang out with other women like that? You should talk with him about it. You guys have trust issues, unless dealt with, it will only get worst.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pretty obvious you are second place. Is that acceptable to you?

Well at least he is honest, so you never have to wonder what he's thinking. I think you should let him hang out.

the thing is he knows how i feel about it. he knows i don't like him hanging out with other girls. yet he does it anyway and we've had several problems with his female friends. i know he loves me. i'm the longest relationship he's had and he is mine as well. but when it comes to me hanging out with people even females he's totally against it. he's always been honest with me.

I don't think you're second place. You seem to be exaggerating the details since you're obviously pissed. BTW, it's perfectly fine for him to have female friends.

What's he supposed to do while you're at school - on your anniversary? Is he supposed to sit at home and look at pictures of you, sniff your panties, and stare at the wall, recalling nostalgic memories of you?

Just a couple thoughts:

- This mutual friend doesn't seem like she is much of a friend.
    - this could be your bf's longest relationship because he is getting everything he wants with no repercussions.
    - distrust is definitely something that should be addressed. You have to let him know exactly what he is doing. Don't play games, but ask him how he would feel if the situation were reversed.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I don't think you're second place. You seem to be exaggerating the details since you're obviously pissed. BTW, it's perfectly fine for him to have female friends.

What's he supposed to do while you're at school - on your anniversary? Is he supposed to sit at home and look at pictures of you, sniff your panties, and stare at the wall, recalling nostalgic memories of you?
    i'm not exaggerating anything. he hangs out with friends of his that attend my school while i'm in class. and she lives 40 miles out of the way. I don't care that he has female friends but when he spends more time talking to her and wanting to know what's going on with her and not me something's not right. he spends every waking moment texting her. i hardly get a good morning. and he's my only transportation to school so he pretty much has to stay with me there since I'm the one that pays for everything. his cigarettes, his gas, his food, his clothes, anything he needs. so of course i'm going to be pissed when he's paying attention to another girl that he's known for a month instead of me.

I completely agree with you Devon.