+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i tell Friend i like her

Should i tell Friend i like her

I have a friend who i see every day as we are studying the same course. We have been friends for about 2 years, about 6 months ago, we drunkenly got together and agreed it was best not to pursue it.
    Recently though, i have been having strong feelings for her, and i think there is still a bit of chemistry between us.
    But she has recently started seeing someone else. Should i tell her how i feel or would it be best just to ride it out in silence?

Looks like you have got yourself into a "friend zone"... From my experience it is quite difficult for someone who you befriended with for two years to suddenly become your lover, I would be very careful about whether or not your feelings are shared by her as well. Judging from the fact that she is now seeing someone, you may want to go out and do the same thing, and if things don't work out with her, you may then consider letting her know... But remember, place your friendship with her first!

Think of this from her perspective - She thinks of you as a friend. She has just started a new relationship. Now, instead of being happy for her as a friend normally is, you tell her you like her. This probably will just confuse her and possibly anger her at this point.
    Frankly, if she has the same feelings for you that you do for her, she has pushed them down enough to the point where she wants to date someone else. I would suggest staying her friend and riding it out.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!