+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A complicated LDR...

A complicated LDR...

My one friend C and I have been best friends since 8th grade. We were online BFF's, never met. We were very close and I developed a huge crush on him. A boy asked me out, so I accepted and forgot about C (moooostly)

Well the boy and I broke up a year later, and I found C online again this past December. I fell right back in love with him. Two weeks later, to my surprise, he said he like me too. C and I have been in a relationship for 3 months, but everything is so difficult...

First, he lives in Alabama and I live in Ohio. We're both still in high school so we might get to see each other for the first time next month, but not many other times....also, his dad is a pastor and hates me. His dad does everything to make my life a living hell, giving C a 9:30 curfew with his cell phone and such.

C, around the time of our 2 month anniversary, told me he loved me. Then a week later he took it back. But it sounded so sincere....do you guys think he's afraid to commit? I mean, he has told me that he's scared to trust. He's scared of having his heart broken. C also said he would get me a gift for v-day/my b-day (they are on the same day) and he still hasn't sent me anything, even though I hand-knit a scarf for him....

Ugh, you guys. I really really like him. I love him. Ever since 8th grade. But it seems like I put so much more into this relationship. He'll randomly break up with me (after having a longggg talk with his dad) and say that he still likes me, but he just wants to be friends. He has sudden mood swings, that hurt like heck.

Should I give him time to mature? (He's younger than me) does he still love me and is just guarding himself? I know I'm a foolish, foolish girl...

Knowing someone online and knowing someone in person are two quite different experience. You might think you know that person but you only know their online persona. When you meet him in person you'll probably be surprised how awkward it really is. You'll realize you barely know the guy. You were only in love with the online version of him. It doesn't mean you won't be in love with the real life version of him. Just saying you really haven't met him yet even though you might know a lot of about him. Good luck anyways. Keep us posted on your first meeting.

oh!

Yes yes! I've told him that before ahahaha! Those exact words! 'I'm in love with who I know you to be, which might not be who you actually are.' Yup yup. and we talk on the phone lots and lots so that helps us get to know our real-life personas. ^^ thank you for the advice and I will DEFINITELY keep you posted on the meeting! (If his father approves) -_-