+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Now what?

Now what?

Hi.

Last Wednesday I had a wonderful time with my ex-gf's best friend from childhood. I mean we always got along just fine and we share a broader social group, but last time we singled ourselves out and made each other laugh hysterically for a good few hours. Towards the end it felt a little (too) intimate to me and the girl looked like she's acting a lilttle bit more self-conscious, than she usually is.

What just happened right there? The best case would be I was just imagining something.

Also, a dilemma arises. It is a very bad idea to think about starting anything with her. Yet it was a wonderful time for me and I'd like to have some more of those crazy dialogues. It felt liberating, there was a lot of subjects we don't usually tackle with my friends. Frankly, I'd like it to happen again, but without neither of us feeling uncomfortable in any way. So :

1) How do I make that happen again without making the impression that I'm hitting on her? We have each other's cell numbers, but don't usually call each other.
    2) Should I just stop thinking about the evening?
    3) It is a bad idea, because we can't be close as friends, due to her kinda-BFF status with my ex-gf?
    4) Am I lying to myself in that I don't want to hit on her?

Thanks, The Black Flux

1) How do I make that happen again without making the impression that I'm hitting on her? We have each other's cell numbers, but don't usually call each other.
    Text her? Maybe play off of some of the jokes you shared. Make it an inside joke between you two.

2) Should I just stop thinking about the evening?
    Why? You had an enjoyable evening with someone, so what?

3) It is a bad idea, because we can't be close as friends, due to her kinda-BFF status with my ex-gf?
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Dating the friends of exes becomes less of a problem the older you get. If you're still in high school or something, then it's probably not advisable. But I'm not sure you should live your life hoping to not offend someone when there's really no good reason for them to be offended.

4) Am I lying to myself in that I don't want to hit on her?
    Most likely. I'm pretty sure you want to nail her.

She needs to clear it with your Ex.