+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Predicament!

Predicament!

hey!

ok so i was with this guy a while back but due to him wanting to travel we called it a day, he stayed in contact all throughout this time and when he came back we remained as friends. but since then we have kinda hooked up (i know its a bad idea!) and whatever but thats a good while ago. contact lapsed for while and we havent seen eachother in ages. we were talking on FB the odd time but thats all. went out at weekend and bumped into him, have to say he seemed as though he was genuinely happy to see me and we were talking and dancing most of night and i had to leave so just a quick kiss at the end. my friends said he had his eye on me and smiling a lot of the night and it was he that approached me.

he then text me sunday but after awhile i fell asleep. now i dont know whether to text him back today or leave it? i still like him and he has feelings for me i just dont know to what extent and so dont want him to think he can just run back when it suits him but i dont want to push him away either. we prob wont see eachother out for a while as he works nights at weekends. any thoughts?

sorry about the long post!

I think you should be asking yourself can this guy fulfill your relationship expectations. Think about it....you won't be able to see him much if he keeps those hours so what is the point?

Depends what you're looking for 'cause this guy isn't looking for anything serious.

Yes I'm just confused...I don't want to be building myself up for anything but then again i don't want to go blowing off any potential chances by acting too aloof. The working part may not be a huge factor because it won't be all the time. I'm wondering why the apparent interest and all along we just coasted by with little or no contact. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Do you guys think I should text back tonight and possibly not getting anywhere or not text and risk looking disinterested?

I think first you need to figure out WHAT you want. FIRST!
    Then decide if this guy can give you what you want. If he can then yeah show him some interest, if not, why wait your time and his?

Text him or don't. Call him or don't. Wait to see him around or don't.
    The thing with this is that none of it matters at this point. You two are not in a relationship right now, and being cordial to him, even friendly, doesn't mean you are going to jump back into a relationship. It wouldn't hurt to be polite and friendly. See where it takes you and where you want it to take you. But don't ignore him just because of a "what if"... if you want to talk to him, talk to him.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!