+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I knew this was coming....

I knew this was coming....

My ex gf has found new guy that she likes and is starting to date him. I however havent even talked to a girl who could possibly like me. I feel sooo unloved and alone. I thought that after my ex id gotten enough confidence that i could get a new girl easier, but i feel like im going backwards

How long have you been broken up?

2 weeks last saturday. I know you'll be so excited to say "Give it time" believe me I know that, but i feel like all of my friends have someone and my ex does now too. And im just stuck being the lonely loser

2 weeks and she already has another guy? that's really too soon. this is definitely going to take time and rushing into another relationship when you aren't ready is only going to make things worse. be single for awhile, focus on YOU and your healing process. i've been broken up with my ex for 2 months and there's no way i'm ready to go into another relationship yet

Ouch that sucks. Sorry dude. Noting you can really do but allow yourself to feel like garbage until you get sick of it. Let it out, talk to people and just embrace how shitty it feels and it's almost guaranteed you'll eventually feel better.

Dude after a break up, it not a bloody race to find some one. You have an advantage here, you are giving it time so that you can heal, which means you will be emotionally 100% ready for someone special when the time comes...seriously no one can have a decent relationship with emotional baggage. Your ex on the other hand, the dude is just a rebound and these things usually don't last...she probably will be single again soon enough.

Im 20 years old and going through my first break up ever from my first love. And i need to know if its a bad thing that im still so upset about this now, when shes clearly okay with whats happened and moved on

Quote Originally Posted by murniv90 View Post
    Im 20 years old and going through my first break up ever from my first love. And i need to know if its a bad thing that im still so upset about this now, when shes clearly okay with whats happened and moved on
    Most break ups are tough.....that's a given. Since this is your first you don't know the steps you go through. A break up is like dealing with a death of a loved one, but you are grieving the death of a relationship. You have to grieve, deal with not have them in your life anymore, sometimes anger follows, and after that peace. Since it's two weeks now you should start to feel better...most feel normal at about the 3 to 4 week mark. It's a process that everyone goes through. So what you are going through is normal. The trick to getting over someone to to keep busy with positive activities and surround yourself with supportive friends so you don't sit there focusing on the break up.

She broke up with you and so you got the s hitty end of the break up...which sucks. Unfortunately she wasn't in love with you anymore so the relationship fell out of balance. So she moved on quickly because she didn't have those feelings anymore while you still love her....tough gig.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She broke up with you and so you got the s hitty end of the break up...which sucks. Unfortunately she wasn't in love with you anymore so the relationship fell out of balance. So she moved on quickly because she didn't have those feelings anymore while you still love her....tough gig.
    the same thing happened to me murniv90! my boyfriend told me he didn't love me anymore, dumped me and has a new girlfriend 2 months later. while the pain definitely is not as strong as it was in the beginning, I know I'm still not 100% over it. it's going to take time, and no matter what you do you can't fast foward or skip through time, which is tough but the way things work. I am in a completely different place than I was 2 months ago, and I know I'm getting better and better with each day! I'm sorry you have to go through this, too. just know that it's a healing process that may take awhile, but we all go through it at some point. we will meet people who are right for us someday =) how long did you guys date for?

We were together for 5 months. I was very much in love with her and she loved me too, but slowly she began to fall out of love with me. Oh well, her loss. Ive moved on so much in the past few days, being able to be alone in the house and belt The Supremes - "You keep me hanging on" and Ben Folds Five - "Song for the dumped at the top of my lungs to the point where i've got a sore throat has helped so much. Now I'm just in the angry stage where she's a total bitch and everything she does is wrong. Hopefully that doesn't last too long but it is a good thing that im moving on

Anger is great for getting over someone!

Hey man, my ex left me Tuesday night and is already back with her ex. So I know how pissed off you can be. I fell for the girl and she used me to rebound for a few months, and then left me to go back to her emotionally abusive a**hole.

I feel like garbage and my self esteem is in the tank, so just know there are more of us out here, you're never alone.

Okay, just took a little step backwards, im such a moron. I looked at her facebook page and saw them talking on it. Im feeling so lonely , I want someone......

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Dude after a break up, it not a bloody race to find some one. You have an advantage here, you are giving it time so that you can heal, which means you will be emotionally 100% ready for someone special when the time comes...seriously no one can have a decent relationship with emotional baggage. Your ex on the other hand, the dude is just a rebound and these things usually don't last...she probably will be single again soon enough.
    No better advice than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast