+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello everyone.... another advice seeker here!

Hello everyone.... another advice seeker here!

Hey, my name is Josh Morris, i got married recently... about 7 months ago, i am 21 years old, and my wife, sarah, is 20.

We dated for four years before getting married... and have the general argument here and there... I think she thinks they are worse than I do... but thats why im here... to get a better understanding of what the heck is going on most of the time.

Anyway, i will be posting in the various threads when i think its neccesary..

Thanks, i hope i get the advice im looking for here..

Josh M

She's 20 years old and with most in their 20's there's a lot of drama.....they don't adjust to normalcy until their thirties when they relax and mature. So basically if this starts to jeopardize your relationship I recommend couples counseling so you two can learn to communicate with each other better.

Thanks Smakie9... it's almost two years, and we are doing great.. have been for as long as I can remember now

We didnt need counceling, I just needed to calm down and be able to talk whenever I want to shout... and togethor we have been able to talk alot more, have alot more fun, spend time with eachother.. and not argue..

Dont argue, just communicate... Its so much easier

Joshua

Women are driven by their emotions and men are driven by logic. She could call you an asshole & you probably wouldn't care but, you call her a bitch and now you have caused emotional damage...it's because of the way the human mind works in the different sexes. It isn't your fault or hers. However their are ways to make an argument more of a healthy progression vs damaging. Never name call >EVER< Don't interrupt, NEVER be physical not even sex while still mad because then you're not confronting the issue your temporarily putting it in a box, start speaking only once you've taken a time out (go outside deep breath of fresh air) start with words like "I fell like....bla bla bla when we....yada yada yada.." Don't say "YOUR the problem because when you do bla bla bla..." because the other person will immediately bottle up and become defensive, do not YELL it is aggressive & can escalate an argument and last but, not least listen & put yourself in their shoes...tell them you understand their point of view and this is what you see...come to a happy medium and end the argument agree to disagree or hug kiss & make up.
    Hope this helped
    Our goal is to give you back the confidence of having the upper hand and having the upper hand is NEVER a bad thing.....
    Visit our Website www.spellbindingsisters.com