+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do looks matter?

Do looks matter?

do they matter when looking for husband i mean serious relationship?
    Would u stay in serious relationship if u didnt like the looks but the personality was brilliant , an example to u
    i need to make a big desision

Personally, looks matter. I have to be attracted to the person that I'm going to be with. Every person is different though, and don't base your big decision on a strangers opinion. Do what you think feels right.
    Always tell people exactly how you feel, at that exact moment. If the moment has passed, let us help you:
    www.HopeYouGetThis.Com

L’esprit de l’escalier

Yes, looks matter. No matter what people say... looks will always be important.

it does to a certain extent but it's very subjective.

if you think that you can take being with a person for the rest of your life, wake up every morning next to that person, be contented with the person even in his worst days, that's all you will need.

Looks matter, it's simply PC to say they don't. It's how we are geared as a species, we value physical attributes in a mate.

Do looks matter in an objective sense? IMO, no, since there are more aspects to one's being than looks. I may look at a woman and think she is ugly/unappealing, but I would not deem her a lesser person on that basis.

Looks and personality both matter but I think personality is a bit more "important".

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Looks matter to an extent, but personality is key. One guy I used to be friends with is a gnarly looking dood. Quite overweight, mediocre complexion, just not a looker by any stretch but that man is FUNNY as HELL and he has a great personality (aside from completely f*cking me over, but that's a diff story). Anyways, he's always with a good looking girl well above his 'league'. Always.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Looks matter to the extent that you have to be able to make peace with how someone looks. Not everyone can marry a model, and the truth of the matter is that looks fade over time, and you will be left with an old, wrinkly person who is probably sick, fat, and smells musty. You'd better hope that you actually LIKE that person, because it will happen to you, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yep, they mater some. But it's all about the two people involved. Are you attracted to each other? If so, other people's subjective views of attractiveness shouldn't matter.

I think it does matter but only to an extent..you can grow to love someone who you did not find attractive to start with BUT I don't think yu can fall in love with someone you found ugly in the first place...

There is also something my mother says and it's kinda of true even though people will probably find it shoking...she says it's always best if the women is the prettiest in the relationship...I don't know if that's true but I can see where she is coming from..
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

It's not just a question of looks.
    My ex GF was a real sex bomb, attractive and as horny as hell - but impossible to live with because she was a selfish drama queen
    My current Gf is not the same physically but she is kind, thoughtful, generous - and for me that makes a hell of a difference. And she makes me feel loved and valued.

this is my general standard... if i can imagine myself waking up beside someone's face even after 30 years... it's all good. If i can't, then no... won't work. in that case, yes looks matter.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    As long as she doesn't look like a monkey butt then it's all good. I'd rather have a good conversation with my wife 100 yrs into my marriage rather than look at "trophies" who can't hold a good conversation. That would stink up my mouth from not talking.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

I've found myself attracted to women I didn't find sexy at first after getting to know them a bit. So they aren't everything. They certainly help though.

I'll also admit I've disqualified some women I liked based on what other people would think of their looks. So yeah they matter.

both are relative points, so I don't see why it matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast